Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Boeing is the largest Defence and Aerospace Company in the world, with Defence, Space and Security capabilities that connect, protect and inspire our customers from Space to the Seabed.
The Global IT Fulfillment Specialist (GIFS) is responsible for executing IT service fulfillment of software, hardware and other IT assets globally. This position reports to the Global IT Fulfillment Functional Manager in Global IT Service Operations (GITSO) Organization.
- Global IT Fulfillment Specialists (GIFS) manage Global service delivery requests and work directly or engage with the appropriate teams to fulfill the requests with the Indirect Supply Chain and/or its Agent.
- Execute service delivery according to Service Level Agreement (SLA). Understand and analyze reports of key Global IT Fulfillment Service performance metrics.
- Actively monitor the service requests queues (i.e. Global Service Engagement Platform) for all requests originated within the assigned area of responsibility and interact with end-users to clarify their requirements.
- Engage with Regional Business Partners, Global Service Delivery teams and End User Infrastructure Services to submit Non-Standard Justification requests for non-standard IT equipment.
- Execute defined service fulfillment process and procedure per training and guidance provided by the Global IT Fulfillment Process Lead (GIFPL) and general Boeing policies and procedures.
- Escalate non-resolvable issues with any internal and/or external organizations through established Global IT Fulfillment Functional Leader escalation process.
- Handle access management requests per defined procedures.
- Execute asset management processes (owned by the Asset Management Analyst role) as they relate to computing inventory records and IT assets lifecycle (acquisition, relocation, maintenance, dispose). GIFS also assists in conducting computing inventory audits as required.
- Collaborate with Global IT Service Fulfilment Manager on Continual Service Improvement and provide feedback on tools, processes and procedures; identify local and regional variations.
- Contribute to IT International projects as needed.
Business travel may be required as needed.
Significant flexibility is expected as off-hours activity will be needed to coordinate a geographically dispersed team.
- Professional and team focused attitude with strong customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively gather end user needs and translate them into practical solutions.
- Multi-lingual fluency including solid written and oral communication skills in English.
- Able to work independently, be self-planning and take the initiative to solve conflicts/issues, be persistent and meet commitments.
- Structured approach, precision and attention to detail.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, creativity and passion for moving in uncharted grounds.
- Sensitivity for cultural differences and significant global acumen to effectively collaborate with a globally dispersed team.
- IT Service Management process knowledge preferred.
- ITIL certifications are advantageous.
- Previous experience working in a global IT team.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.