Field(s) of expertise
About this job
The IT Apprentice Technician is responsible for delivering IT support services to end users and to contribute to IT Int’l projects within the assigned region or, as needed, occasionally in other regions. The role is a formal apprenticeship that is a mixture of college study and hands-on learning. At the end of the apprenticeship the ITAT will hold a number of industry recognized IT qualifications and be familiar with end user and infrastructure support in a large organization.
The ITAT will be required to study for the following qualifications as part of their college course :-
- CCNA 1 – Routing and Switching Network Fundamentals (Cisco Professional Certification)
- Mobile and Operating Systems (BCS Level 3 Award)
- MTA Server Administration (Microsoft Professional Certification)
- Coding and Logic (BCS Level 3 Award)
- ITIL Foundation Level – IT Governance & Service Management Professional Certification
Additional network and systems administration (including virtualisation – VMware) study will be part of the apprenticeship.
The ITAT is responsible for:
- Deploying and administering IT systems in the assigned region, including end-user desktops/laptops, computing servers, network equipment, voice and video hardware and mobile devices.
- Performing incident resolution or, when needed, escalation to the appropriate group.
- Interacting with regional Support Coordinators and Service Fulfillment Analysts to track and prioritize incidents and tasks in the ticket queues.
- Execute software installation and deployment to computing systems.
- Execute asset change tasks and reflect such changes in appropriate databases.
- Providing IT consultation to end users.
- Distributing new user IT starter packages and providing initial user IT orientation.
- Ensure security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
- Participate in regional and cross-regional technical meetings.
- Contribute updates to technical documentation, procedures and process definitions.
- Perform emergency or periodically planned information systems administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades and configuration changes.
- Conduct systems performance analysis and provide feedback to functional leads and colleagues in the Continual Service Improvement function.
- Contribute to IT International projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager.
Training & Professional Services Specific Statement of Work
- Supports Training & Professional Services training classrooms by responding to calls or EHD tickets for computer related issues. Troubleshoots computing issues, and resolves desktop computing issues or escalates server, network, or enterprise application issues as needed.
- Installs, configures, and maintains computer systems on the isolated classroom network using documented imaging processes.
- Support of Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems desktop environment, Windows Server 200R2, 2102R2 and 2016, LAN-WAN Infrastructure, Telephony, Android and Apple technology support etc.
- Performs QA testing of new releases of software for basic functionality.
- Interacts with business unit representatives and external customers and represents the IT organization.
- Utilizes enterprise ticketing systems and responds to trouble tickets, opens tickets and closes tickets.
- Performs inventory management and uses enterprise inventory tracking tool to update location of classroom desktop computing systems
- Assists Boeing staff and contractors with business unit specific computing issues on an as-needed basis.
- Creates documentation of support processes.
- Collaborates with team members on completion of tasks and projects.
- Trains other team members as needed on support processes.
Training & Professional Services infrastructure support also includes following:
- Tier 1 support for classroom operations and instructor training environment.
- On-site coverage (or on-call) for scheduled classroom operations in Gatwick, with phone coverage for other T&PS locations as needed (and approved).
- 787 specific tasks related to tablet loading of pre-defined training image, deployment of tablets to instructors prior to class start, collection and reimage of tablet devices at course completion.
- Additional iPad support to Tier 1 and Flight Services Instructor Pilots.
- Non-UK PSIP support – familiarization with printing, tunneling, and general trouble-shooting.
- TDFL stations Support.
- Bastion Host Servers Support.
- 787 and non-787 classroom support – A/V equipment included.
- 787 Briefing room – A/V and computing equipment.
- 737 MAX classroom support.
- CBT environment support.
- Presentation screens, Video Teleconferencing support.
- Customer Internet Access kiosks and visitor WIFI.
- Customer Survey iPad support.
- To deal with goods movements in the SAP financial application.
- To deal with SAP user password reset requests.
The IT Technician reports to the Regional Operations Manager and receives functional guidance from the Technical Leads. The ITT frequently interacts with end users, IT System Administrators, Service Fulfillment Analysts, Support Coordinators, Technical Leads, IT Int’l Project Managers, ECST focal and external service providers.
A limited amount of short-term business travel may be required, as driven by business Significant flexibility is expected to perform off-hours activities, both on site and remotely.
- Strong willingness to learn and obtain new IT and interpersonal skills.
- Basic troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused with strong customer service skills and the ability to apply sensitivity and discretion when required.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks at once and meeting commitments; positive attitude even in stressful situations.
- Dynamic and proactive attitude and flexibility.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and passion highly desirable.
- Process oriented.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Strong sensitivity for cultural differences and significant global acumen.
Entry level requirements:
5 GCSEs including Maths, English & Science all C grade above.
Level 2 in Information Technology or equivalent training or qualifications.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.