Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Global Fleet Care is a Boeing Global Services business that provides integrated solutions to Airlines in the areas of Fleet Technical Management, Inventory Management and MRO Maintenance Execution to customers throughout the world and is a growing market segment for the company.
With a focus on innovative services in engineering, digital aviation and analytics as well as supply chain logistics and training support, Boeing will deliver agile, cost-competitive solutions, regardless of the original equipment manufacturer, so customers can reduce costs, drive efficiency and optimize operations. We’re here, around the clock, around the world, and always ready.
The purpose of the job is perform as a representative providing immediate customer support.
Any and all operational and contractual requirements will need to be responded to, tracked and managed through to a satisfactory resolution both independently and together with the support of wider Boeing organisation.
- Monitor customer and advance customer part exchange requests to ensure timely delivery of parts to meet contractual Service Level commitments.
- Progress the timely processing of unserviceable and serviceable Return components from Customer to Supplier, including items classified as Dangerous Goods.
- Perform tracking and tracing of urgent material requirements while continuously keeping the customer informed about status.
- Intervene as needed in Shortage and AOG situations by ensuring that the criticality/situation of the aircraft and customer’s operations are understood by the extended supply chain.
- Coordinate with customer to ensure that schedule demands/Service Bulletins requirements are met.
- Ensure timely resolution of Quality discrepancies, Invoicing & Warranty issues and part interchangeability actions.
- Conduct regular meetings with Customer to discuss all relevant operational requirements such as shortages, demand planning and process development and improvement.
- Produce, publish and present Key Performance Indicator / Service Level metrics on a weekly basis.
- Monitor and maintain the accuracy of the customer’s inventory management system compared to Boeing’s equivalent.
- Work with the Boeing and Customer teams (IT, Planning, Logistics, Warehousing etc.) to develop process solutions and improvements.
- Develop, document and maintain local work instructions for all On-site processes.
- Provide training and support to Customer users of the Boeing provided system applications.
- Occasional short term travel to other regional sites and/or Seattle.
- Relevant degree and/or professional qualifications.
- Experience in Customer Support/Account Management and Materials Management/Supply Chain, preferably in the airline/aviation and MRO sectors.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to project a positive customer interface at all times, including fluency in written and verbal English.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum direct supervision.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Attentive to detail and capable of performing process and data analysis.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook etc.).
- Must hold a valid passport and driving license.