Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Operations Manager, the Bid & Proposal Specialist’s primary focus is to provide key support to Capture Team Leads on all campaigns. The individuals must be able to implement the Boeing IBAP and facilitate all facets of campaign capture through effective communication and coordination, ensuring cross functional inclusion, demonstrating best practice, preventing conflict and maintaining direction. They should actively identify and promote actions that will continuously improve and optimise the overall performance of the team. Bid and Proposal Specialists will be required to fulfill different roles at different times including, but not limited to, managing pre-qualification questionnaire responses, proposal editing, campaign and workshop coordination and tracking lessons learned.
- Confidently and effectively coordinates the development of appropriate deliverables and completion of campaign activity in line with Boeing’s business development governance process, the Integrated Business Acquisition Process (IBAP).
- Places priority on understanding customer needs, playing a key role in delivering a compliant, compelling and executable proposal
- Leads the definition of key campaign/proposal activities in the campaign schedule.
- Supports the development and documentation of offer win strategy, discriminators and themes.
- Organises and facilitates meetings and reviews throughout the campaign life-cycle.
- Administers campaign logistics, IT and act as focal for customer portal/site.
- Supporting proposal activity including document control and formatting, management of bid SharePoint sites and general support to the campaign.
- Liaises with opportunity owners to facilitate Expression of Interest (EOI) and distribution of tender documentation.
- Contributes to and maintaining the re-use library, regularly refreshing existing material to ensure relevance.
- Implements the results of lesson learned activity to drive continuous improvement of processes and tools in the Sales & Marketing function.
- Leverage Enterprise and external processes and tools to apply business winning best practice to all activities, ensuring consistency and professionalism in the preparation of proposals.
- Bid and proposal experience, with an understanding of a bid and proposal best practice.
- Knowledge and experience of working in UK Defence Industry is.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of UK Government procurement process is preferred.
- Highly competent in using MS Office products.
UK MOD Security Clearance (or willingness to obtain) is essential, higher levels of Security Clearance may be desirable.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.