Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
The P-8A Training Services Provision (TSP) Project Manager has responsibility, accountability and authority for P-8A TSP execution to time, cost, requirement and quality and provides the primary interface to the Authority for overall performance of the TSP Contract. The TSP Project Manager also oversees delivery of the Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) element of the FMS CLS Training Support Program.
The job holder:
- Develops and manages the overall project plan consistent with project objectives as agreed with the UK P-8A Programme Manager and key stakeholders in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry.
- Develops and manages processes and procedures that will ensure the TSP Project complies with the Boeing Program Management Best Practices.
- Leads the PM input into P-8A training bids and proposals ensuring the requirements of IBAP and ESGP are met and reflect the specific needs of the training service to be delivered.
- Develops the necessary process and procedures that will allow the Training Service BU to put the necessary governance in place to comply with the requirements defined by the Boeing Program Management Best Practice and contract requirements.
- Supports all project phases and acts as primary contact to project stakeholders, including the development of project plans and programmatic deliverables.
- Monitors and reports on all aspects of the project including:
- integrating project elements,
- project baselines,
- product configuration and communications concerning change management processes and decisions,
- program communication,
- Risk, Issue and Opportunity Management,
- On behalf of the Training Services Business Unit leads and performs project management activities in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry.
- Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project and team, finance, planning, scheduling and line management.
- Uses trend, variance analyses and risk assessments and mitigations to develop plans or to recommend change.
- Manages and negotiates project changes and incorporates changes into project control systems to maintain work statements, cost and schedule baselines.
- Performs project close-out and documents lessons learned.
- Leads others and directs all phases of assigned cross-organizational or business unit projects demonstrating proficiency in all project management areas in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry (e.g. Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK] ANSI/PMI 99-001-2008).
- Identifies key stakeholder project objectives and requirements.
- Ensures assigned individuals are executing the identified and assigned tasks and providing appropriate tracking and reporting per plan.
- Provides in-depth analysis of project culminating with lessons learned and historical reports for incorporation into future project plans.
- Provides assessment of team performance to appropriate management.
Education and Experience:
- Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources at the department level.
- Complete knowledge of Project Management theory, concepts and principles (e.g. theory of constraints, critical path methodology, project risk management, triple constraints, project scope management, project management lifecycle etc.) contained in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK[R] Guide).
- Knowledge of project planning processes and tools (i.e., project management software) to define, design, and plan projects, achieve project deliverables, optimize the contributions of internal and external resources, and accomplish desired business results.
- Complete ability to accept, direct, and perform responsibilities and work assigned tasks as a project team member in support of the overall project.
- Complete ability to lead and direct the activities and resources of assigned projects and support higher graded employees in large scale and complex projects.
- Experienced in working within a dispersed team environment and delivering PMO functions.
- Experience of delivering Lean+ and similar innovation initiative to improve programme efficient and effectiveness.
- Experience of working within the Defence industry and good knowledge of the development and delivery of project plans IAW MoD standards and practices.
- Experience of working within a training delivery organisation is desirable.
UK MOD Security Clearance (or willingness to obtain) is essential, higher levels of Security Clearance may be desirable.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.