Field(s) of expertise
Logistics & Maintenance
About this job
Reaction Engines is looking for an experienced Buyer.
The successful candidate for this position, will ideally have experience in the manufacturing industry and a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts. This role is to support a critical Reaction Engines’ project where attention to detail and ensuring accurate data is a must.
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 30 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age.
- Take full responsibility for transactional purchasing of an agreed range of categories and / or suppliers.
- Deliver a weekly purchase order report to management and project team that indicates due date against required date highlighting any late deliveries and/or slippages with mitigating actions (recovery plans) ensuring optimum delivery performance from the supply chain.
- Maintain business system data accuracy for weekly programme reviews.
- Present supply chain status on a weekly basis for areas/ categories of responsibility.
- Effective and pro-active query resolution with suppliers via email, phone or if required supplier visit.
- Process purchasing requisitions and turn those requisitions into purchase orders.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining purchase order on the business system and any other tracking systems as required, alerting management when orders have been filled along with continuous monitoring of supplier performance against Reaction Engines’ requirements.
- Be responsible for answering any vendor questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed.
- Previous purchasing/buying experience preferably within manufacturing or R&D environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms.
- MCIPS or working towards desirable (but not essential).
Skills and Behaviours
- Strong negotiating skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with external suppliers and customers
- Willingness to travel if necessary and to support engagement with customers and partners
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines’ core values: