Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the “Technical Systems” service is responsible for the maintenance and evolution of software products which support MUAC in achieving its capacity targets and sustain the growing air traffic demand. It provides also resources to various projects in its area of expertise.
- Develop, schedule and execute training plans and competence assessments for agreed categories of technical staff, and in particular for systems controllers;
- Develop and provide training within technical projects;
- Stay up to date with evolution of the technical systems and training methods;
- Archive and publish training content for agreed categories of technical staff;
- Maintain records (i.e.: certification, exam records, …) of training for agreed categories of technical staff in accordance with procedures;
- Evaluate and improve existing training methods;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Post-secondary education (e.g. bachelor degree) in a relevant domain.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in development and delivery of (technical) training and assessment/testing methods.
- Experience or knowledge of coaching best practices would be an asset.
- English technical writing and presentation skills.
- Communication: fosters two-way communication.
- Planning and organising: displays an organised and methodical approach.
- Quality focus: delivers consistent quality in work.
- Customer focus: responds effectively to customer enquiries.
- Team work: displays a collaborative approach.
- Sense of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of Agency are French and English. For this particular position, thorough knowledge of English is required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.