Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, “Technology” (TEC) develops and maintains NMD’s mission-critical systems, including all NM ops systems, the related communications facilities and technical infrastructure; and supports the Agency’s IT solutions and services (excluding MUAC).
The IT Development & Delivery service ensures the good execution of all IT projects (application & infrastructure projects). It addresses areas such as programme/project management, software development and maintenance, and release management at corporate level.
- Collaborate with the Business Relationship Managers/Business Analyst community in understanding the business requirements and assuring solutions are conform demand;
- Collaborate with architects on architectural studies and contribute to the selection of optimum solutions;
- Contribute to the production of software design;
- Ensure that technical requirements are well documented and understood by all parties involved;
- Manage external suppliers, coordinate their contribution to the development of solutions and ensure proper delivery of software code according to industry best practices (complete application development life cycle including testing) and methodologies as well as all associated documentation;
- Participate and contribute to working groups, studies and projects as required;
- Organise provision of operational team (level 2 support) training;
- Perform/oversee level 3 support;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Computer Science);
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in software application development;
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management and Airspace Information Management;
- Knowledge of geometrical software design;
- Experience with software configuration and change management processes and tools;
- Experience with OO design and development techniques;
- Experience with Agile development methodologies;
- Experience with Unix or Linux including scripting language;
- Experience with Ada or similar (e.g. C++);
- Ability to draft/contribute to design documents;
- Experience in collaborating/coordinating with managed services and/or external suppliers;
- Ability to work on complex systems;
- Ability to absorb large amounts of complex information (be able to work on and maintain a huge code base);
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication;
- Team work: Fosters team work;
- Problem solving: Anticipates and solves business issues;
- Analytical thinking: Applies methodical approach to complex information;
- Decision-making: Takes decisions based on balanced arguments;
- Ability to work under tight schedules and pressure;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- Thorough knowledge (oral/written) of one of the working languages of the Agency (English/French) and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary for the performance of the described job.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.