Field(s) of expertise
Procurement and Legal
About this job
As the Network Manager, the Network Management Directorate (NMD) keeps the network operating as smoothly and efficiently as possible, working closely to support industry actors by providing services, functions, deliverables and training. The Network Manger delivers ATM performance for the pan-European network in the areas of safety, capacity, environment/flight efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
The “Business Coordination” service develops and maintains the Network Manager (NM) Business Strategy, develops and coordinates the management of programmes across NMD and for coordinating the planning and control processes.
- Analyse procurement requests, provide guidance and advice on procurement procedures, and establish specific purchase or sales agreements in accordance with EUROCONTROL’s Contract and Financial Regulations;
- Consult suppliers in order to obtain the best prices and commercial conditions, and ensure acceptance of applicable general terms and conditions as well as other specific requirements;
- Negotiate and draft contracts while obtaining the best legal guarantees, prices and commercial conditions;
- Prepare procurement and sales matters, and present them at the relevant approval bodies within EUROCONTROL and draft related minutes or reports;
- Provide advice on procurement and sales matters especially in relation to legal, contractual, insurance and intellectual property rights aspects;
- Contribute to the improvement of existing purchasing practices by working on new solutions or recommendations concerning internal procedures and terms and conditions;
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in Law, Procurement or Contract Management;
- A minimum of 1-year relevant professional experience in procurement and contract management;
- Experience in drafting complex contracts and agreements;
- Understanding of European law and contract law;
- The following would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of public procurement rules and regulations;
- Experience in IT procurement;
- Understanding of general financial principles.
- Experience in the use of MS Office applications; Excel, PowerPoint, Word and experience or understanding of SharePoint;
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication;
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships;
- Influencing: Tailors style and approach to impact others;
- Quality focus: Sets and fosters high quality standards;
- Organisational awareness: Is aware of the instruments driving the Agency’s objectives;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a satisfactory knowledge of French are required. A thorough knowledge of French (oral/written) would be an advantage.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 3 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.