Field(s) of expertise
Procurement and Legal
About this job
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the “Strategy and Performance Management” service develops and maintains MUAC strategy, defines objectives and KPI’s. It manages the MUAC Performance Review process and ensures that activities are efficiently prioritsed. The service also manages the MUAC financial planning and control process.
- Analyse procurement requests, provide guidance and advice on the procurement process & procedures, and establish purchase and sales agreements in accordance with EUROCONTROL’s Contract & Financial Regulations and practices.
- Consult suppliers to obtain the best prices and commercial conditions, and ensure acceptance of applicable general terms and conditions as well as other specific requirements.
- Conduct negotiations and draft contracts while obtaining the best legal guarantees, prices and commercial conditions.
- Prepare procurement and sales matters, present them to relevant approval bodies and meetings, and draft related minutes or reports.
- Provide advice on procurement and sales matters, especially in relation to legal, contractual, insurance and intellectual property rights aspects.
- Participate to procurement events such as information sessions, workshops, etc..
- Contribute to improvement initiatives (purchasing practices, procurement process, procedures, review of contract regulations, terms and conditions, etc.) and present recommendation to increase the effectiveness of the procurement process.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of at least 4 years (Master’s degree) in a relevant area (e.g. Law).
- A minimum of 1-year relevant professional experience in procurement and contract management preferably in international public procurement related matters.
- Experience in procurement and contract management.
- Experience in drafting complex international contracts and agreements.
- Understanding of contract law. Experience in legal (procurement) matters would be an advantage.
- Drafting skills.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships
- Influencing: Tailors style and approach to impact others
- Quality focus: Sets and fosters high quality standards
- Organisational awareness: Is aware of the instruments driving the Agency’s objectives
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a basic knowledge of French are required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year(s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.