Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, the Training Division delivers unique high-quality training courses including eLearning and online courses, tools and services in air traffic management (ATM) to support various actors in the aviation community.
The Head of ATM Training provides sound leadership in the overall running of the Training Division in line with the Directorate’s strategy and priorities, and manages the delivery of training related to services supporting the network and the implementation of relevant EU legislation. In addition, S/He will drive the exploitation of all Network Manager’s services.
S/He will also act as site manager of the Institute of Air Navigation Services (IANS) in Luxembourg.
S/He manages the resources and personnel assigned to the Training Division (+/- 40 staff).
S/He reports directly to the Director Network Management.
- Lead and manage the service provision of “ATM Training” and associated teams while promoting a services-oriented and collaborative approach;
- Propose a vision to enhance ATM training and deliver recommendations to drive short, medium and long-term business objectives to meet performance and cost efficiency targets;
- Adapt the training portfolio to the requirements of the network and its oversight;
- Define business development strategies for the exploitation of Network Manager services;
- Apply the user-pays principle in accordance with applicable policies to all eligible Network Manager services contributing to the reduction of the cost base;
- Develop and maintain an excellent and effective relations with stakeholders and represent the Agency in internal/external high level groups.
As the Institute of Air Navigation Services (IANS) Site Manager:
- Manage finances, budget and viability of the site;
- Monitor the overall site performance and promote local mitigation actions as needed;
- Manage local risks and crises through the local Risk Management and Crisis Committees;
- Ensure and oversee applicable corporate policies and processes (e.g. on-site security, safety at work, environment, HR, social dialogue, finance, etc.);
- Ensure that all legal obligations vis-à-vis national authorities are met and represent the Director General vis-à-vis local authorities and Protocol.
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Master degree in Business Administration, Business Management, etc);
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- A minimum of 18 years’ relevant experience, including 15 years in management or strategic activities;
- Experience in defining marketing and business development strategies;
- Relevant experience acquired in the aviation world would be a strong advantage;
- Understanding of aviation stakeholder;
- Stakeholder Management skills;
- Project Management skills;
- Vision: influences the Agency’s vision;
- Leading: demonstrates direction;
- Customer focus: considers the strategic direction of customer focus;
- Communication: adapts communication to different situations and audiences;
- Managing change : drives corporate changes at all levels;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary to perform the described duties are required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- This post entails management activities. Established staff members will therefore have to serve a confirmation period of 9 months. This period may be shortened to 6 months if the successful candidate is appointed following a competition preceded by a previous temporary assignment to the post for which s/he was selected. The Director General may also decide not to make subject to this provision if that official has previously been assigned, for a period of 2 years or more, to a post similar to that for which he has been selected and which entailed the same level of management responsibilities.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.