Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, the “Information & Cyber” service delivers European projects related to information management, cyber security and EAD. The service participates to the development of the digital infrastructure enabling the SES Digital Sky transformation.
- Ensure availability of accurate aeronautical and airspace data contributing to the success of the Network Management functions;
- Develop and implement the objectives of the service (commonly referred to as EAD) and manage its different range of domains and activities, resources (budget and personnel);
- Develop and maintain an effective strategic network including interfaces with various services and stakeholders;
- Promote and represent the service/Agency in internal/external working groups;
- Ensure the successful development and implementation of the Service within the next generation of NM systems and infrastructure (iNM project);
- Ensure implementation of ICAO provision/initiatives and European regulations affecting aeronautical information management;
- Manage the implementation of the Service quality, safety, security and risk policy and other safety security and risk related matters;
- Propose and develop business opportunities and steer reviews of the service with a view to optimise and increase overall effectiveness to meet current and future demands;
- Perform any other tasks in line with the main function of this position.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Master’s degree in ATM, Engineering, or in another related field);
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant working experience;
- Proficiency in ATM, ATS and AIM business and associated processes;
- Stakeholder Management skills;
- Contract management skills;
- Project management skills;
- Managing People: encourages development as support to business objectives;
- Leading: provides direction;
- Communication: : adapts communication to different situations and audiences;
- Managing change: manages effectively the change process;
- Networking: designs network with a view to developing strategic connections;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, a thorough knowledge of English (written/oral) and satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties are required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- This post entails management activities. Established staff members will therefore have to serve a confirmation period of 9 months. This period may be shortened to 6 months if the successful candidate is appointed following a competition preceded by a previous temporary assignment to the post for which s/he was selected. The Director General may also decide not to make subject to this provision if that official has previously been assigned, for a period of 2 years or more, to a post similar to that for which he has been selected and which entailed the same level of management responsibilities.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.