Field(s) of expertise
Cyber Security Information Technology
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, “Information & Cyber” delivers European projects related to information management, cyber security and EAD. The service participates to the development of the digital infrastructure enabling the SES Digital Sky transformation.
- Monitor and report regularly on EAD static data completeness, stored and provided in AIXM 4.5 (SDO) and AIXM 5.1 (SDD) formats, by using the EAD tools and reports as appropriate;
- Support day-to-day EAD service/data operations and participate to meetings with the EAD service provider by offering expert advice on issues related to the data managed by EAD;
- Ensure co-ordination and enhancements of the EAD operations, in close consultation and co-operation with stakeholder groups, user groups and EAD clients, and develop and present supporting documents (e.g. action papers);
- Contribute to data quality improvement initiatives of EAD and EAD clients, including data quality review in accordance with applicable EC regulations for aeronautical information service provision;
- Provide expertise in incident and claim management, managed by the EAD Service Desk, deal with data operational queries from EAD data users and EAD data providers, and identify operational requirements for EAD service enhancement;
- Support data harmonization guidance development and change requests proposals for the EAD operational documentation updates;
- Contribute to reviews and updates of the EAD service operational documentation as part of EAD release;
- Define operational specifications for aeronautical information features and aeronautical information data set for the EAD data catalogue in compliance with the EC regulations, ICAO procedures for Air Navigation Services – Aeronautical Information Management (PANS-AIM) and air operations (PANS-OPS);
- Identify operational needs and propose operational specifications for the development of relevant rules (e.g. data harmonisation for SDO/SDD, user extensions, EAD Business Rules, etc.);
- Ensure the availability of EAD Static Data Management (SDM) operational guidelines;
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain or relevant professional training of an equivalent level;
- A minimum of 1-year relevant professional experience acquired in the aviation industry;
- EAD Static Data Operations (SDO) training would be a strong advantage;
- Operational experience in aeronautical information operations acquired in an Aeronautical Information Service Provider or Air Navigation Service Provider;
- Experience in developing best practices or understanding of the process of developing best practices;
- Understanding of AIS/AIM ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS) and the European regulatory ATM framework with a focus on data operations;
- The following would be considered an advantage:
- Experience with EAD main and subsystems;
- Knowledge of AIXM principles.
- Technical drafting skills in English;
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication;
- Managing change: Supports the change process;
- Customer focus: Adapts services to respond to customer needs;
- Problem solving: Anticipates and solves business issues;
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English (written/oral) and satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties are required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year(s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.