Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Information Technology
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, the Operations Analysis service ensures the identification, analysis and reporting of operational issues. The service identifies, coordinates and implements solutions in order to improve operational performance of both the Network Manager (NM) operations centre and external stakeholders.
- Be the focal point for data provision and analysis in support of data-led assessment and enhancement of operational performance by identifying amongst others efficiencies in procedures, processes and tools;
- Gather, extract, understand, analyse, transform, interpret and present operational data related to planned and unplanned events in an autonomous manner;
- Provide and synthesise data in support of analysis of long-term issues/bottlenecks and projects, in cooperation with relevant areas within NM;
- Assist the OPA team in interpreting and analysing data including identification of trends and tendencies and development of scenarios; lead internal stakeholders through data and findings and where relevant challenge them in their interpretation and understanding thereof; share lessons learned from data analysis activity;
- Assist in improving post-operation processes to better facilitate learning and feed newly acquired information back into pre-tactical and tactical processes;
- To enhance understanding of complex issues to all levels of internal stakeholders by visualising data in innovative ways;
- To assist in identifying and developing future requirements with regard to statistical and analysis tools including potential use of Artificial Intelligence and machine-learning techniques;
- To enhance current business practices and efficiencies within OPA by automating data retrieval and proposing improvements;
- To embrace and develop new ideas for data analysis exploration;
- To ensure cross-Unit and cross-Directorate coordination as required;
- To perform any other tasks in line with the main purpose of the post.
- Completed university studies of 3 years in a relevant domain. A degree in Engineering, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science would be considered an advantage;
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience;
- Experience in data analysis, benchmarking and in working in business intelligence environments incl. Oracle OBIEE;
- Experience in statistical programming (e.g. R; Python);
- Master in using Excel for managing large data sets;
- Experience in using database query languages (e.g. SQL);
- Data visualisation skills (e.g. Tableau);
- Understanding of Visual Basic;
- Some understanding of ATM practices and techniques would be an advantage;
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication;
- Team work: Fosters team work;
- Managing change: Responds positively to change;
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships;
- Creativity and innovation: Applies new approaches;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) is required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.