Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, the “Training Development & Delivery” service ensures Air Traffic Management (ATM) training courses offered are in accordance with agreements and highest quality standards.
- Develop and deliver “on the job training” and controller competence training to an audience of Air Traffic Controllers, including Air Traffic Management (ATM) training for beginners;
- Act as course coordinator by providing guidance and coaching to students, ensuring availability of training documentation, equipment, etc.;
- Operate in a small team of instructors, and provide guidance and advice to participants in practical training;
- Adapt the training based on the evolution of SES legislation and new service’s strategies;
- Be prepared to engage in different training areas and be service oriented;
- Operate in an ISO certified environment continuously searching for increased customer satisfaction;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant field, or professional training of an equivalent level;
- Hold or have held a civil ATCO license and ACS (Area Control Surveillance) or APS (Approach Control Surveillance) rating for at least 3 years;
- Valid OJTI or STDI and Assessor endorsement;
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience of best practices in teaching methods, testing, assessment and learning styles;
- Experience in providing training;
- Presentation and pedagogical skills. Ability motivate and to engage with an audience;
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management;
- Understanding of an ISO managed organisation;
- Communication: adapts communication to different situations and audiences;
- Teamwork: fosters teamwork;
- Customer focus: adapts services to respond to customer needs;
- Analytical thinking: analyses information and identifies relationships;
- Creativity and innovation: applies new approaches;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary to perform the described duties are required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.