Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration & Finance
About this job
Within the Directorate Central Route Charges Office and Finance, the “Collection, Accounting and Treasury” service deals with all collection and financial activities related to the Air Navigation Charges System, in accordance with, inter alia, the Multilateral Agreement relating to Route Charges, the applicable Financial Regulations and Conditions of Application of the Route Charges System and Conditions of Payment. To do so, the service works closely with States, ANSPs, airspace users, and banks.
- Allocate payments by bank transfer, credit card and cheque;
- Reconcile airspace user accounts, inform airspace users of anomalies (e.g. under- or over-payments, or payments into the wrong bank accounts) and process refunds to airspace users;
- Enter payment advices into the system;
- Prepare internal bank transfers and reimbursements of collected charges to States;
- Process airspace user account confirmations for audit purposes;
- Respond to airspace users’ requests on account balances or allocation of payments;
- Prepare reports for airspace users and States on their financial situation;
- Participate in user acceptance tests required for the development and upgrades of the financial management system;
- Update the CRCO fixed asset database on a regular basis;
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- A level of post-secondary education in a relevant area (e.g. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting) attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of three years;
- In addition, a minimum of 3 years’ relevant professional experience in Accounting;
- Experience in accounts receivable and payable;
- Experience in a multi-company accounting system would be an asset;
- Experience of accounting software(s) would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools would be an asset;
- Communication: fosters two-way communication;
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships;
- Customer focus: Responds effectively to customer enquiries;
- Quality focus: Delivers consistent quality in work;
- Team work: Displays a collaborative approach;
- Experience in the use of standard Office applications, in particular in Excel;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- For this particular post, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a satisfactory level of French to the extent necessary to perform the advertised duties are required. Knowledge of other European language would be an asset.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year(s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.