Field(s) of expertise
About this job
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
We are looking to appoint an experienced Security Architect to join our expanding team of technical experts. Our team work on a range of complex challenging projects across a range of organisations including MOD, Government and commercial companies.
- Conducting analysis of and delivering consultancy on the security posture of complex system architectures.
- Collaboratively working with other architect disciplines and technical experts to deliver a security viewpoint on architectures that will inform the design while ensuring security requirements are met.
- Collaboratively working with other security experts, including Information Assurance consultants, accreditors, analysts and penetration testers to inform secure architectural design that meets all relevant governance requirements.
- Possess an understanding of, and (when required) be able to lead local security-related project delivery elements, including detailed technical levels as well as higher level project views.
- Possess an understanding of, and (when required) be able to lead local security governance project elements. This includes, but is not limited to, security assurance, aspects of accreditation, Government and commercial frameworks and related technical guidance/best practice.
- Apply detailed knowledge of the current cyber threat landscape, technical vulnerabilities and attack methodologies to the design of complex architectures.
- Experience applying architectural frameworks (e.g. TOGAF).
- Good technical knowledge and experience across multiple platforms and technologies.
- Experience identifying cyber security risks and developing proportionate mitigations in solution designs.
- A sound understanding of Information Assurance Frameworks, both Government and commercial. (e.g. IS 1&2, 27001, NIST)
- Certification demonstrating suitable expertise in Security Architecture, Information Assurance and Technical Architecture is highly desired.
- Ability to engage with a cross-section of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
- An ability to make security recommendations in the context of wider business requirements such as efficiency, resilience and confidence.
- Experience leading small teams and providing advice as part of larger project delivery teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the security clearance and roles that you can perform within QinetiQ.