Field(s) of expertise
Logistics and Maintenance
About this job
QinetiQ Target Systems (QTS) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of QinetiQ Group PLC specialising in the design and manufacture of a range of state of the art Unmanned Aerial and Surface Target systems including the world leading Banshee target. QTS targets are used to enable realistic weapons test and evaluation and operator training in over 40 countries worldwide with QTS providing a complete managed service in over 15 of these countries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for scheduling, planning, documenting and executing domestic and international freight movements as well as general support of production and manufacturing efforts
- Arrange suitable shipping for delivery of goods to customer, either directly or through ILHQ
- Work with vendors to arrange for pickup and delivery of incoming items
- Work with Controlled Good Officer to ensure all export laws and regulations are being followed
- Keep detailed records of shipments
- Assist Controlled Goods personnel with HS classification of QTS materials
- Monitor shipments in progress and brief team
- Screening of drivers and companies to ensure Controlled Good Compliance
- Achieve and Maintain TDG and IATA certification for Dangerous Goods Land, Sea and Air shipments.
- Additional tasks as assigned by superior.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- Training with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
- TDG Training
- Computer proficiency (Document Management Software, MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience with ERP systems in Manufacturing environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under stress and tight schedules.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- Able to obtain a Level 2 Security Clearance.
- Must have a clean background history and obtain criminal record check
- Manual dexterity required to operate computer and peripherals
- Interacts with employees, various management levels and the public at large
- Ability to multi-task in a computer-operated environment.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Looking at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 30 lbs/14 kg.
- Repetitive work
- Environment can be noisy at times
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Repetitive motion of hands/wrist utilized in filing and other tasks
- Operating a forklift
- Being exposed to a variety of environmental conditions (heat, wind, rain, etc.)
- As this position requires interaction with all departments, including those on the manufacturing floor, this position is considered safety sensitive