Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Project and Service Management
About this job
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in providing products and support across the full spectrum of combat vehicles. Our global team has more than 6,000 employees working towards creating a diverse product portfolio delivering best-in-class capability to Armed Forces communities worldwide. In the UK, we employee more than 650 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles and sustainment services. Our vision is documented and embedded into our culture, so all employees understand the Company’s direction and their role in achieving it. We are currently delivering the AJAX programme, providing 589 Armoured Fighting Vehicles in six variants to the British Army and have also developed and delivered 400 Foxhound vehicles – a highly-protected and mobile 4×4 platform with high-deployment availability.
- The Business Operations Manager will reside within the Program Management organization. They will be responsible for aspects of the business such as establishing and monitoring program schedules and budgets. This includes maintenance of the Performance Management Baseline and associated artefacts.
- Owner of the Program Management Plan
- Schedule performance analysis and metrics, to include customer deliverables.
- Programme metrics production and analysis incl. EVMS
- Schedule and budget corrective action recommendation
- CDRL delivery and MOD review feedback coordination
- Deliver internal and external management reports including MOD MPR and Annex CC
- Coordinates PM team and functions in accordance with the RACI
- Establishing business processes across the organization.
- Establishing business metrics beyond program-specific metrics. This would include a balanced scorecard approach, working with Business Development and Finance to establish business plans
- Proven experience of delivering successful, complex major development and delivery projects and/or programmes.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- Proven and Demonstrable knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes.
- Proven and Demonstrable experience of managing and working within high intensity and significant design, development and delivery programmes.
- Demonstrable, strong financial and commercial acumen.
- Good understanding of capability delivery, following models such as the UK MoD Defence Lines Of Development (DLOD).Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties.
- Expert knowledge of programme and project management methods including APM BoK, MSP and PRINCE2.Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Sufficient credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme.
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.