Field(s) of expertise
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) as a Software Asset Management Lead, based in Milton Keynes.
The Software Asset Management Lead will be responsible for owning and controlling Software Licence Management and Software Application Installation Management across the business, as well as providing the information required enabling an organisation to remain legally compliant. The position responsibilities will include providing advice and guidance to the business users, reporting on and ensuring adherence to IT Software usage and License purchase policies.
The role’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the management and strategy of software vendor audits
- Leading the loading and validation of software licensing/purchasing and license entitlement data into the organization’s software asset management system/process (SNOW)
- Leading and influencing the strategic development and daily operation of the organization’s software asset management processes and systems
- Leading the definition of the governance structures; supporting and conducting audits of software licensing compliance (as necessary) to validate/prove the system/process effectiveness and accuracy
- Leading the development of policy and processes for managing the software asset lifecycle for software
- Leading the design and production of enterprise software asset related reports both pro-actively (dashboard, inventory reports, etc.) and as needed/requested (ad hoc reports)
- Leading the planning, monitoring, and recording of enterprise software assets to ensure alignment with software license and software maintenance agreements
- Contributing to the growth and development of the Asset Management capability
- Providing vendor licensing expertise to both internal and external customers
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to optimize software licenses used in the enterprise computing environment
- Developing and communicating enterprise software asset management policy, system and process governance reporting
- Producing monthly reports to various stakeholders, i.e. departmental managers, Application Owners and the appropriate nominated clients
- Liaising with stakeholders of all levels within the organization, as well as partnering with key software asset management stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Sound knowledge of Software Licensing across a range of key software vendors and their enterprise licensing vehicles (including: Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, Redhat)
- Significant experience of managing software, within a Software Asset Management team
- Solid understanding and proven track record in software licensing models and compliance management
- An ability to spot, qualify and leverage new licensing opportunities
- A strong understanding of technology, emerging technologies and the broader market outside software
- The ability to develop long term relationships as a trusted partner for BDUK customers
- The ability to drive internal collaboration and lead virtual teams
- Understanding of the key roles and functions of all ITIL discipline
- Ability to assimilate and interpret technical language
- Good knowledge of current technology and up to date software vendor license models
- Experience with using the SNOW Asset Manager Service
- Software Asset Management Qualifications would be highly beneficial
- ITIL qualifications and experience would be highly beneficial
- Wider IT/Technical background would be an advantage
The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.