Field(s) of expertise
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We are looking for an engineer to join our team to contribute to an advanced autonomy project as part of its Autonomous Systems portfolio.
As a Mission Systems Software Engineer your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performing autonomous system software development and integration activities
- Developing unit and functional tests
- Conducting integration testing
- Optimizing and integrating software into small form factor computing capabilities
- You will work as part of a multi-discipline engineering team to implement autonomous behaviours, artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities on a range of autonomous systems in development for The Boeing Company.
To be successful, you will have excellent domain knowledge and experience of contemporary technologies, systems engineering principals and software architectures and methodologies. You will be a passionate and collaborative engineer eager to work in an agile and diverse engineering capability ideally with a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or scientific field.
As an engineer working for the Boeing Company, you will ideally be able to demonstrate the following behaviours and values:
- Mission-orientated approach and familiarity with modern software development paradigms and processes
- Innovative mindset and ambition with a focus on customers, quality and our people
- A “drive to action” approach with the ability to be resilient and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Working collaboratively with other engineers, specialists and functional support team-members to achieve a sustainable outcome
- Developing software for use in real-time or distributed systems
- Understanding of software and systems test methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of systems engineering practices and principles
- Using source code control and document configuration management systems
- Understanding of technology lifecycles, technology management strategies and development roadmaps
- Understanding of continuous improvement to process and productivity with practical application
- Experience in writing technical elements of business documentation
- Knowledge of Command and Control Systems, Sensor Integration, Communications, Messaging protocols for mission systems
- Experience developing software for safety critical applications
- Knowledge of hardware components associated with the implementation of different communications networks (i.e. modems, antennas, etc.)
- Experience with embedded systems
- Parallel and GPGPU processing experience
- Knowledge of methodologies for secure communications and data encryption
- Familiarity with Cloud Architectures, CICD Automation and DevOps paradigms
- Knowledge of modern C++ principles and practice (C++11/14/17) and C++ frameworks
- Experience with the latest trends and approaches (e.g. Machine learning/deep learning techniques) for implementation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and autonomous behaviours
- Sensing systems (visual, infrared, laser, etc.) and processing techniques
The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a UK SECURITY CHECK.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Please note that this vacancy is contingent on award of contract.