Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration & Finance
About this job
Start Contract Date: 10 August 2020
Total Scope of the request: 836 hours
With guidance from Head, Supply, Travel and Transport (STT), but largely on own initiative and within limits of delegated authority, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Daily monitoring of all goods purchased and received into the Agency, including registration, checking and issue of the goods.
- Preparation of short reports, planning of work schedules and required administration.
- Preparation, implementation and update of standard operating procedures for all aspects of Supply and Stores elements.
- Preparation of reports for all excess property that is of a serviceable nature but is no longer required by Agency and arranging for its ultimate disposition in accordance with current NATO regulations.
- Advise and train all Memorandum Record Account Holders (MRAH) in their duties and arrange any familiarisation necessary.
- Assist in the execution of and adherence to safety, health and NATO regulations and procedures.
- Plan the upkeep and maintenance of electrical hoist and fork lift trucks.
- Research, provide inputs and ensure compliance with contracts involving waste disposal, catering, cleaning and laundry.
- Arrange, in conjunction with HQ Registry and Security personnel, for destruction of classified material.
- Assist with section budget development in the following areas: clothing, office supplies, waste disposal, building maintenance, furniture procurement, and restaurant operations.
- Control the collection, storage and disposal of hazardous material in compliance with host nation and NATO regulations.
- Prepare administrative reports, cost statistics and ensure all files associated with purchasing, customs clearance and invoicing are appropriately maintained.
- Prepare customs documents for shipping or receiving.
- Serve as an alternate Advance Account Holder (Petty Cash) (The Hague only).
- Assist with annual inventory of expendable and stock items.
- Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
- 5+ years relevant experience to include:
- In depth knowledge and experience of NATO purchasing procedures, and automated supply or accounting systems;
- Good working knowledge of computers, MS office software, and current database programs in relation to supply and stock management and administration;
- Valid driver’s license and experience with vehicles up to 8 passengers;
- Prior experience supervising staff in a support environment;
- Experience in hazardous material controls;
- Knowledge and experience with catering services for an international workplace;
- Experience with electrical pallet trucks and fork lifts.
Desirable Experience and Education:
- Prior experience in inventory and plant property control.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organisation, including ACO and ACT.