Field(s) of expertise
About this job
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in Armoured Fighting Vehicles, avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
This role is for a Software Developer responsible for windows based application with front end and back end development work – working with the product team, you will be able to build a software component and test case to build confidence before putting the component forward for the product level of integration.
- GUI Development, architect, mentoring for team members
- Shall be able to build a software component and test case to build confidence before putting the component forward for the next level of integration.
- An ability to identify problems, likely causes and identify solutions.
- Ability to identify integration target, diagnostic and test tools to run code.
- Undertaking and supporting product and integration test requirements and acceptance activities.
- Key member of the team responsible for developing, integrating and testing software onto the EvO baseline, following integrated product development procedures, GDUK software development processes and best practice. Responsibilities include:
- Analysing requirements – designing and implementing software subsystem components.
- Validating software designs against requirements and assumptions.
- Working proactively with System Engineering and specialist areas (security, safety, human factors, support and training) to ensure software design and implementation meet its requirements.
- Responsible for architectural software design and modelling, OO model driven development and maintenance.
- Identifying and documenting specification and interface changes.
- Experience of .NETCore.
- Single Page Application Frameworks such as Aurelia or Angular.
- Experience developing C# (including WPF and WCF) software applications or Windows components within a software team, with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience of Agile and SCRUM techniques and methodologies.
- Experience of Agile development methods and tools including IBM Rational Team Concert, a software development team collaboration tool.
- Strong background in Software design, code, test and version control using current methodologies, processes and tools, preferably in complex systems. E.g. IBM Rational Team Concert, Git, SVN.
- Peer reviewing source code, software designs and working to a coding standard.
- Ability to generate well-structured technical documents using Microsoft packages and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines.
- Have familiarity with software implementations for the following languages :- C++, Python.
- Experience of applying Human Factors Integration (HFI) principles to the design and development of application User Interfaces (UI).
- Capable of analysing and debugging software integration issues on target hardware and software environments.
- Experience using coding standards and CICD principles.
- Knowledge of modelling and simulation, technologies and techniques and its applicability to synthetic environments.