Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
General Dynamics Land Systems-UK is recruiting a Supplier Quality Engineer on a permanent basis.
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge.
Dynamics is not just part of our name, its part of our spirit.
GDUK Land Systems is currently executing the AJAX Production programme. The position is for a Supplier Quality Engineer to audit and support the design, development, qualification production, integration and testing of activities at the GDUK Merthyr facility and within the wider supply chain. The role will require close liaison and co-operation with the Engineering, supply chain and Manufacturing teams.
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting requirements and develop improvement plans for suppliers.
- Responsible for the approval and generation of Programme Quality Plans which define the Operational Quality Assurance activities in relation to the programme.
- Supporting the tailoring of the company Processes to suit the programme and contractual needs.
- Liaison and work with managers and peers in other support functions as appropriate to the Operational Quality Activity area.
- Plan and execute programme quality tasks within the allocated budget, providing up to date estimates to complete as required.
- Performing supplier audits at agreed points in the project lifecycle. Including audits at sub-contractors to ensure that the appropriate systems are in place, interfaces are defined and identify supplier related risk.
- Attendance at selected key reviews in accordance with agreed plans, including reviews at sub-contractors. (Depending on size of development and risk etc.).
- Review of key programme plans and documents including sub-contractor produced documents.
- Ensure that sub contracted activities such as design and development and production are undertaken in accordance with the sub contracted requirements.
- Plan and conduct Quality Assurance activities for defined products to allow for and undertake the signing and stamping of Certificates of Conformity on behalf of the Company including PPAP and End Item Data Pack approval.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers, production and customers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformance and ensure that problems are addressed and appropriate corrective action taken.
- Independent review of, subcontractor Production Testing activities and results to company guidelines.
- Customer liaison and representing the department, the presentation of data, on site and at customer sites.
- Promote quality awareness within programmes. -Prepare quality reports, for internal and external purposes.
- Represent GD Quality Assurance at Customer/Supplier meetings as required. To carry out surveillance of subcontractor QA activities.
- Experience of working in a design or manufacturing environment
- Experience of supplier development or supplier quality
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation
- Formal training in Quality Management System auditing. – AS9100 & ISO9000 is desirable
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours, willing to travel within and outside the UK
- ONC/HNC in an Engineering/Quality Discipline with Quality Engineering Experience