Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
We are a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach in defence, energy and space programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems, absolute trust is core to all we do.
As a Senior Analytical Consultant for tpgroup, you will be providing the evidence to help our customers, from government and industry, to make better decisions. This may be research studies to analyse new concepts and approaches, working in customer teams to provide the evidence to support procurement decisions, or leading workshops with customers and stakeholders to improve policies and planning. In addition to consultancy assignments, your role will include developing analytical techniques, managing people and/or winning new business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and delivering technical consulting projects.
- Identifying and winning work, predominantly within the Defence sector.
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Developing and using a variety of analytical tools and techniques.
- Working organically in customer teams or using one of the company’s offices as a team hub from which to plan and deliver tasks.
Our recent successes within UK MOD mean that the tpgroup Analysis and Approvals team are looking for experienced and capable consultants who can help grow the business. We are interested in people who engage customers technically and personally, with the ability to provide analytical insight. We need people with developing leadership skills, and have a positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude.
- 4+ years’ experience, with experience of leading analysis projects, leading teams, developing analytical methods or models, and/or winning work.
- Expertise in analysis and consulting to support business decision making, policy development, and/or research, including both qualitative and quantitative techniques. Structuring information, drawing conclusions and making recommendations.
- Capable of building customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines: Problem structuring, wargaming, historical analysis, simulation, data analysis and visualisation, optimisation, facilitating workshops and/or cost analysis.
- Track record of authoring technical reports and presenting to customers. Reporting appropriately for the audience: summarising complex information for high-level stakeholders, and writing detailed reports to transfer knowledge and context with the customer.
- Experience working with UK MOD (DE&S, Dstl or the Frontline Commands), UK Government or consulting within the UK Defence industry.
- Be willing to travel across UK and comfortable to work away from main sites for periods of time.
Preferred but not essential:
- Previous success in winning work via customer engagements and bidding.
- Understanding of the military operational environment and MOD management structures.
- Knowledge of MOD approvals, the MOD acquisition cycle and Defence Lines of Development.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
- To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.