Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
TriSept Corporation is seeking a GEOINT Chief Engineer to lead, direct, and support Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) efforts for major GEOINT (RADAR and / or EO) system acquisitions and capability delivery. The candidate will provide expert technical support, consultation, and mentorship to accomplished engineers supporting multiple major Radar and EO system acquisitions. These efforts will span both established and emerging GEOINT system acquisition initiatives.
- Lead end-to-end GEOINT systems engineering, integration and closure initiatives for current and future GEOINT systems through enterprise and segment lifecycle readiness events.
- Provide direct Subject Matter Expert (SME) and technical consultation to the GEOINT Capability Manager.
- Lead teams in review and assessment of requirements, requirements traces, CONOPs, architecture, schedules, risks, system designs, test and verification strategy and the system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
- Identify and mitigate or resolve end-to-end risks or issues.
- Lead readiness and release planning events in support of system acquisition milestones to integrate new systems and initiatives in support of expanded GEOINT mission capabilities.
- Provide expert technical advice to enterprise systems engineers, Acquisition Office (AO), operations and mission partners organizations and stakeholders for the definition, acquisition, delivery and operations of complex technical capabilities.
- Lead Systems Engineering studies to define and evaluate solutions to satisfy emerging requirements.
- Recommend and lead strategic initiatives to advance mission capabilities or Systems Engineering, acquisition or operation processes.
- Train new team members in end-to-end mission and system closure and the implementation of quality standards.
- Assess processes and create efficiencies across GEOINT and program project teams.
Due to the broad nature of the team workload, the selected candidate must possess demonstrated knowledge and experience in the GEOINT mission domain and space system capabilities, including knowledge of the Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (TCPED) process with significant experience and detailed knowledge in aspects of that process.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in a STEM with 20+ years of demonstrated GEOINT domain Systems Engineering, acquisition and operations experience.
- Integration and Closure expertise within overall GEOINT domain with detailed knowledge of GEOINT systems and overall space and ground architecture.
- Experience identifying user and enterprise needs/requirements and gap identification, analysis and assessment.
- Experience in developing and assessing requirements, CONOPs, architecture, schedules, risks, designs, and verification, test and integration strategy.
- Experience with Tasking, Collection, Mission Planning, Control and Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination functions in support of space and ground architecture and operations.
- Demonstrated technical leadership of integrated systems engineering teams.
- Experience with Systems Engineering and all related functional disciplines.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills especially with senior (O-5 or equivalent and above) government officials.
- Strong understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes.
- Experience with MBSE, SysML, and digital tools is preferred.
- Prior experience and understanding of agile development methodologies and supporting tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence).
- Experience with requirements closure, solution demos, and VV&T strategies that align to an agile development approach.
Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance required
Candidates must be a U.S. citizen and will be required to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance