Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales Business Administration and Finance Cyber Security
About this job
Sapienza Balkans is a tpgroup company, a global leader in consulting, digital solutions, and engineering services across the full lifecycle of programmes.
Sapienza Balkans has been established in Skopje with incentive to develop business and build local capabilities in the Defense and Energy sectors. For this purpose we would like to hire a Business Developer specialized in the Defense sector.
Under guidance and coordination of the Director of Sales and Marketing, Business Developer’s main responsibility will be to establish and grow the business network, matching business opportunities to the company capabilities portfolio in the Defense domain in Macedonia and in the surrounding Balkans region.
As one of the first employees in Sapienza Balkans, we are looking for a person with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a startup mindset capable of building a new business from scratch.
You will be in position to represent the company to the local communities (civilian and military), government and suppliers. This means that you will be a professional networker, you will be very well organized, and will be highly committed to establishing and growing the success of our Sapienza Balkans operations.
- Actively growing the targeted network in the region.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of our business offerings and technologies to articulate our value proposition to decision-makers, as well as being able to successfully manage and overcome objections
- Understand the Ministry of Defence and NATO business requirements and procurement processes
- Monitor the calls for tenders published by the government and industry identifying the probable wining tenders
- Gaining knowledge of relevant public and military organisations
- Actively monitoring of the developments in the Defence sector in the region
- Actively monitor the competitive landscape
- Build partnerships within the Defence & Security market
- Research customers, identify decision makers, educate prospects and qualify buying interest and their sense of urgency
- Prospect into suitable public and military organizations, build and maintain a high quality and credible lead pipeline (short, mid and long term)
- Schedule well qualified appointments with key decision makers within targeted organisations
- Manage all phases of the business development cycle to successful close business deals (including client presentation, proposal development and contract negotiation)
- Meet agreed targets, and reporting needs
- Maintain accurate activity, contact, and opportunities information
- University degree in Defence studies or Business combined with complimentary courses, studies or work experience
- Knowledge of the local and regional Defence market
- Strong business acumen
- Strong Experience dealing with local public and military organizations
- Network of contacts within the local public and military organizations is considered a very strong asset
- Excellent sense of discretion and confidentiality
- High degree of self-motivation, energy and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluent in English with outstanding communication skills and telephone manners; Good working knowledge of Macedonian
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- IT savvy and able to pick up new IT tools with ease
- Willing and able to undergo NATO security clearance (if possible)
- Willing and able to travel (up to 30% of the time within one month) across Europe to visit other tpgroup offices and clients if needed.
What type of person are we looking for?
- You have no problems demonstrating perseverance! Business development requires people who are not afraid to pursue what they need!
- You have no problems approaching people – you are a natural networker
- You are deadline and target oriented and have a high level of accuracy
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and able to close a deal!
- You can work independently and set your own priorities to achieve goals which are set for you by management.
- You are able and enjoy interfacing with potential clients, employees and government representatives professionally at all levels.
- As you will be working in a new office and remotely from the Sapienza HQ, you will need to be extremely self-motivated and have fantastic organizational skills to be able to stay on top of your work.
tpgroup is a global professional services and technology partner with a unique end-to-end approach in defence, energy and space programmes.
Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing bespoke engineering systems, absolute trust is core to all we do.
In addition to our Group head office made up of support roles we also have three value business streams which are:
- Bespoke engineering solutions: We develop life-support systems in critical workspace, hydrogen-based renewable energy solutions, water purification, rugged electronics for harsh environments and precision engineering of high-integrity equipment.
- Consulting: Working in partnership with national government bodies, international institutions and global prime contractors on enterprise transformation, feasibility analysis, system engineering programme delivery and support.
- Digital solutions:We develop and deliver mission and safety critical systems, software tools, artificial intelligence and decision support for autonomous navigation, constellation management, collision avoidance, resource optimisation intelligence analysis and asset management
Our people make us the successful company we are and so we praise the following values
- Achieve together
- Embrace responsibility
- Strive for excellence
- Build unity
- Challenge ourselves
- Have integrity in all we do
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible to email@example.com
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here