Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that have supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years of history in the space sector, Serco is well-placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.We are seeking a Documentalist to work on our Customer’s Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought-after space agencies in the world.
- The tasks cover the daily operation, maintenance and change control for records in the Navigation Directorate’s Documentation and Configuration Management System.
- This includes the participation in and to support improvements of the processes related to the use of electronic documentation and configuration systems, management tools (e.g. for action tracking) and other relevant IT tools.
- The documentation and configuration tasks are rendered by the CADM Office to given programmes, projects and specific organizational entities within the Navigation Directorate. It includes the following regular duties in particular:
- Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of reproduction services of documents and media.
- Regular review of the status of documents in the different archive and storage locations and align this information in the Documentation and Configuration Management System database.
- Processing configuration-controlled document changes and official papers relevant to the activities of the unit.
- Generation and maintenance of documentation and configuration tracking lists.
- Support to the management of the User Account List to the Directorate‘s servers and services.
- Support to users for entering and retrieving documents from various Documentation and Configuration Management related server systems (internally and externally).
- Liaising with industrial partner’s CADM officers and documentalists for exchanging data and resolving documentation and configuration related issues.
- Provision of paper copies of electronic documents on request, creation of electronic versions of documents and management of original files.
- Support to all documentation and configuration related tasks for technical and non-technical reviews.
- Support to the Directorate Document & Records Officer (DDRO) in discharging relevant functions.
The above tasks must be implemented in line with applicable Directorate’s Configuration Management processes and standards in close collaboration with relevant CM authorities.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant).
- At least 4 years of previous relevant work experience in a similar role.
- The candidate should have a broad knowledge to navigate around and understand formal communication and be able to analyse a range of issues within the complex institutional environments of ESA, EU and the relevant industrial landscape.
- Experience in documentation management and in the field of communication.
- A good sense of organisation.
- The work associated to this position can require handling of classified documentation.
- The candidate shall confirm to be eligible and willing to apply to a Personal Security Clearance.
- The previous possession of a Personal Security Clearance will be considered positively.
- Be capable to execute activities with a high degree of autonomy.
- Deliver qualitative output under time pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as tact and discretion are required.
- Proficiency in the use of the Agency’s information systems and tools is an asset.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Within Serco we believe there is a place here for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion at Serco is based on a culture where every voice is heard, and every employee feels valued. Working together as one team, we can enhance the experience of our people and teams, improve the value of our solutions to better serve the missions of our customers, and make a difference in our world. We are enthusiastic and passionate about our work which is infectious. We allow our employees to take responsibility for their work and promote a positive working culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.