Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Project and Service Management
About this job
We are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all we do.
As a Risk Management Specialist, you will inform and support all areas of risk management for complex mission-critical programmes often as part of a blended team of various complementary resource types. You will be expected to contribute to the development of the risk management capability within the P3M Practice as well support business development and bids where risk management services are required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting client delivery teams with risk management.
- Managing risk within the project’s schedule, cost models and risk register.
- Dealing positively with customers and key stakeholder.
- Building new relationships and maintaining the relationships we have with our current customers.
- Demonstrate recent experience of strong risk management knowledge based on the Institute of Risk Management.
- Demonstrate recent experience of strong P3M knowledge based on APM.
- Demonstrate recent experience of risk management in a JFC, FLC, MOD, DE&S and Defence Digital (formerly ISS) and OGDs context.
- Demonstrate experience of delivery of training for Risk Management professionals.
- Demonstrate recent experience of conducting risk management and the knowledge to determine best practice.
- Demonstrate recent experience of stakeholder management operating at a senior level, working collaboratively.
- Demonstrate recent experience of delivery of mentoring / coaching to risk management professionals.
- Demonstrate recent experience in the use of ARM.
- Demonstrate experience in the development, delivery, facilitation and coaching of risk management and quantitative risk analysis activities.
Preferred but not essential:
- IRMCert – Certified Member – Institute of Risk Management.
- Association of Project Management (APM) Project Fundamentals qualification (PFQ) or equivalent.
- A Technical, Engineering or Business degree.
- Experience of highly regulated/complex programmes delivering mission, business and safety critical solutions.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.