Field(s) of expertise
About this job
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing around the clock coverage for the MHS network and MHS approved desktop office automation system.
- Alert the proper POC’s when potential problems are identified for corrective action
- Coordinate communications between clients and server hosts.
- Document requests for assistances and support via trouble tickets utilizing the PRS.
- Maintain a database of all trouble calls inclusive of date, time, user, location, and corrective action taken.
- Manage file system allocations among disk media.
- Remedy of Problem Resolution System (PRS) used in the recording and tracking of network, hardware and software trouble calls, and corrective actions.
- Provide around the clock coverage for the MHS network and MHS approved desktop office automation system.
- Provide support for desktop hardware and software applications and network communications.
- Primary means of trouble notifications are via customer call in and proactive network monitoring utilizing the PRS.
- Respond to and diagnose problems through discussions with users utilizing steps of recognition, research, isolation and resolution.
- Provide troubleshooting techniques with Windows OS, Microsoft Office, and other various standard software packages provided by the Government.
- Proficient use of Remedy Software or other PRS in the recording and tracking of user support, calls, and tickets
- Proficiency managing/creating Windows Exchange mail user accounts
- Proficiency providing phone and in-person support to users in the areas of Exchange Mail, Windows, Microsoft, SharePoint and CHCS/AHLTA
- Proficiency installing, maintaining, and upgrading Government provided application software
- Utilization of Management Information Help Desk Tracking System software
- Other tasks as required
- Windows 10 experience preferred