Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
We are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all we do.
As a Project Controls Manager Consultant for TP Group, you will be responsible for setting and maintaining Performance Measurement Baselines, directing and integrating all aspects of Planning and Scheduling, Cost Estimating, Risk Management, Cost Control and Earned Value Management (EVM), whilst providing analysis of progress and driving agreed recovery actions.
- Managing a team of project controllers, including resource allocation and demands in line with affordability targets.
- Technical assurance of project controls artefacts and ways of working in accordance with the client’s policies and processes.
- Developing project controls plans, processes and ways of working in line with the client’s business needs and strategic objectives.
- Identifying improvements and efficiencies to existing processes.
- Advising Programme/Project/Control Account Managers on establishing,maintaining and managing a robust Performance Measurement Baseline.
- Rigorously interrogating the Performance Measurement Baseline and project controls artefacts to proactively provide value-added analysis to the client.
- Reporting and handling of sensitive Management information.
- Acting as the linchpin for the different project controls disciplines (i.e. risk,schedule, cost control etc.) in the team.
- Developing and delivering project controls improvement plans.
- Advising the client on mitigation/recovery plans.
- Earned Value Management analysis.
- Coaching and mentoring project controllers.
- Deep knowledge in one of the project controls disciplines (e.g. risk, schedule,cost etc.) and a good overall knowledge of project controls
- Good working knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Demonstrable understanding of the importance of integrated project controls
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to flex it according to the audience
- Good IT skills covering all Microsoft Office tools, with advanced ability with MS Excel for data analysis
- Organised and structured approach with the ability to manage own time effectively while operating across multiple projects and for multiple project managers
- Ability to work both as an individual and as part of a team
- A Technical, Engineering or Business degree.
- Ability to achieve Security clearance to SC level.
Preferred but not essential:
- Association of Project Management (APM) Project Fundamentals qualification (PFQ) or equivalent.
- Experience of Highly Regulated/Complex Programmes delivering Mission,Business and Safety Critical Solutions.
- Good stakeholder management skills.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.