Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
We are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all we do.
As a Programme/Project Manager Consultant for TP Group, you will play an integral role in supporting a client’s project team deliver timely and safe outputs. You will do this by helping to drive efficiency and quality improvements, raising awareness of risks, managing key stakeholders and helping the project team make better business decisions. You will be working at the cutting edge of technology alongside experts with deep sector knowledge on both small agile projects and large capital investments with a driven focus on providing practical solutions to complex problems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting client delivery teams define project scope with supporting the production of project/programme schedules.
- Managing the impact of change to the project’s schedule, cost and risk exposure.
- Progress tracking, analysis of performance metrics and supporting mitigation plans.
- Dealing positively with customers and key stakeholders to provide meaningful progress reports.
- Supporting the production of operational plans, reports and proposals.
- Identifying opportunities for process / delivery improvement.
- Tracking dependencies, ensuring team has the required inputs ahead of time.
- Building new relationships and maintaining the relationships we have with our current customers.
- Demonstrate recent experience of risk management in a JFC, FLC, MOD, DE&S and Defence Digital (formerly ISS) and OGDs context.
- Experience of working in project/programme management.
- Demonstrate recent experience of strong P3M knowledge based on APM/Prince2 and a good knowledge of Agile project management.
- Experience of working within a project team delivering to defined and agreed schedules.
- Experience of using MS Project and/or P6.
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience of highly regulated/complex programmes delivering mission, business and safety critical solutions.
- Agile Qualification (e.g. Scrum Master, SAFe Agile).
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management.
- Prior experience of working to recognised quality standards, processes and procedures. E.g. ISO9001, ISO61508, TickITplus, ISO 12207.
- A Technical, Physics, Engineering or Business degree.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.