Field(s) of expertise
About this job
The RF, Digital and Hardware Engineering group at Roke is a world centre of excellence, having pioneered many new and ground-breaking technologies over the last 60 years, in domains such as electronic warfare, radar systems, navigation systems, and communications systems. We provide essential capabilities into the defence, national security and commercial sectors.
As the RF & Analogue Design Engineer you will:
- Contribute to and lead the design, development, integration and testing of RF and analogue hardware solutions.
- Produce high-quality supporting documentation
- Contribute expertise across a broad range of projects.
- Develop innovative and cutting-edge solutions.
- Responsible to Project Design Authority and Project Manager.
- Undertake engineering development tasks to time, budget and quality.
- Provide accurate estimates of effort and complexity, and identify risks.
- Engage with other technical experts.
- Full compliance with Roke’s policies and procedures
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
- Education and Qualifications
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electronics, Physics, Maths)
The ideal candidate will have more than 5 years’ experience in at least two of the following disciplines:
- LNA and/or PA design
- Radio transceiver design
- Mixers, PLLs, Synthesisers
- Lumped filter design and synthesis
- mmW design
- RF ASICs
- Switching regulator/controller design
- Antenna design
- Waveguides, horns, OMTs, etc.
- Circuit modelling (e.g. Microwave Office)
- Computer-aided schematic capture and board layout
- Electromagnetic compatibility and product compliance
- Use of RF test equipment (VNA, spectrum analysers, sources)
Deep knowledge of two or more of the following domains would be beneficial:
- Electronic warfare
- GPS and GNSS
- Signals intelligence
- Connected Autonomous Vehicles
- Satellite Communications
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.