Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Roke are looking for an experienced Bid Manager to join the Commercial and Bid Services team in an exciting and busy role with opportunities for progression within the team and the business as a whole. The successful candidates will also work closely with the Finance and Marketing teams.
The role holder provides bid management and proposal writing support to business winning teams. In addition, the role holder will provide support to account and bid managers in preparing major business winning campaigns and bids. The role of the Bid Manager is to deliver high quality, winning bids, and to support the team of client managers in developing win strategies and capture plans.
Why should you work with us?
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, in addition to a contributory pension that will allow you to effectively save for the future.
- Employee assistance program
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance, and dental care.
- Effectively lead a bid team throughout the whole bid lifecycle following Roke bid process.
- Prepare proposals and portal based tender responses, including fast turnaround bids within existing framework contracts. Write proposal documents in a customer focused manner, emphasising win themes and unique selling points.
- Conduct reviews of bid materials, prepare, and arrange internal bid approvals in line with the Roke bid process.
- Prepare bid plans and bid budget applications working with the central resource management team and the head of bidding to resource bid teams. Take responsibility for early assembly of the bid team, communication of the bid process, tender response structure and allocation of responsibilities and timescales.
- Maintain a good understanding of the customer’s requirements, our proposition and their evolution/development during the bidding phase.
- Maintain a central repository (knowledge base) of bid artefacts and including case studies and proposal templates.
- Support capture managers on complex bids; providing competitor analysis, win strategy and win theme development support.
- Bid management or proposal manager role.
- Demonstrable experience in leading a successful small multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to produce reports, written documentation and proposals to a high standard.
- Project planning and risk identification.
- Facilitation of business winning colour reviews – Blue Team, Black Hat, Pink Team, Red Team, Green Team and White Team.
- Good personal communication skills and the ability to develop relationships.
- Creative ability and writing skills.
- Strong organiser and “completer-finisher”
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive, enthusiastic nature
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.