Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Leonardo is a global leader in defence electronics and delivers mission critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea and air. The Radar and Advanced Targeting line of business, based in Edinburgh, is uniquely positioned as one of the world’s top manufacturers of radars, lasers and infra-red countermeasure systems.
We are currently looking for dynamic Procurement professionals to join the Procurement team in Edinburgh.
The role(s) will be based within one of the Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) where you will work alongside other members of the Procurement team, Engineering, Quality, Operations and Project Management stakeholders to deliver compliant contracts to support either production or development products.
We currently have vacancies at all levels to match your skills and experience: Sub-Contract Buyer; Senior Sub-Contract Buyer; Sub-Contract Manager & Procurement Compliance.
This will vary depending on the role but your typical accountabilities will be as follows:
- Responsible for putting in place the appropriate Commercial Agreements, including but not limited to, internal and external Customer flow downs, NDA’s, TAA’s and Export Licences etc.
- Prepare the relevant Request For Quotation and Contract documentation packs such as Bid Packs, Contractual Terms, Price Agreements and Statements of Work.
- Responsible for creating and presenting Contract Compliance packs for internal audit and to external Government bodies or their Agencies.
- Market analysis of Supplier pricing to ensure price reasonableness is achieved and reported (benchmarking).
- Plan and execute cost negotiation of Supplier pricing and provide reporting for internal / external Audit.
- Provide analysis of material pricing to support the Product Cost Review Boards for New Product Introduction (NPI), with a view to highlighting cost reduction opportunities in line with declared project / product targets.
- Collaborate with Design Engineering to understand our product route maps so market research can be undertaken to identify capable and sustainable sources of supply.
- Identify and encourage Supplier competition for material requirements, utilising the Supply Review Board (SRB) process as an enabler.
- Prepare varied Lifecycle Management reporting such as Procurement Plans to outline the status and progress of material sourcing, Contracting Compliance and Bid Support.
- Responsible for the management of Supplier delivery performance (of NPI Contracts) throughout the Contract lifecycle in line with defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Responsible for managing the material budget associated with NPI, reporting on aspects such as Revenue Forecasting and Estimate to Complete.
- Identify and manage risk and opportunity, working collaboratively with Suppliers and other IPT members.
- Deploy the appropriate SAP activities in order to carry out your job effectively, especially in relation to the creation of compliant Contracts
You really must have:
- Exposure to / understanding of Contract Terms & Conditions
- Good negotiation skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to influence
- An analytical mind
- Experience in working in a team
- Good IT skills (MS Office based)
It would be nice if you had:
- A CIPS qualification
- A relevant business or engineering degree or working experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of US acquisition regulations
- Working knowledge of trade / export compliance regulations
- SAP experience