Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Leonardo Helicopters part of the multi-national Leonardo Group is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters. We have a great heritage and pride ourselves both on our reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for our people.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Here is your chance to become part of the success story:
We are looking for a talented Manufacturing Engineer to join our UK team based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a successful leader in the Aerospace industry.
You will experience working in a friendly and welcoming environment within a team of engineers who take pride in the work they do. The successful candidate will strengthen the overall skill set of the department. You will ensure the delivery of Manufacturing activities in support of the Business whilst complying with procedures in order to programme manage and execute manufacturing engineering tasks.
The Company proactively encourages personal development.
- Produce and amend Manufacturing work instructions.
- Create and maintain Bills of material (BOM),
- Creation of Technical Specifications for Delivery (TSD’s)
- Creation of manufacturing routings, process sketches and stage drawings to support the manufacturing process.
- Creation of First Article Inspection documentation.
- Identify accurate specifications for material requirements.
- Process design changes & introduce into current manufacturing or assembly process.
- Identification and requesting of tooling, fixtures and gauges required to support manufacturing process.
- Amend work instructions in operational areas to rectify errors and keep the manufacturing on schedule.
- Must be able to represent Manufacturing Engineering in a shop floor role. (depending on experience).
- Take an active role in Business improvement and as necessary carry out improvement activities.
- Educated to at least HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline and/or a time served apprenticeship.
- Team working with good communicating with influencing skills.
- A sound understanding of manufacturing technology.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and or assembly and or machining processes.
- Experience in working with CATIA (V4/V5), ENOVIA and Smarteam.
- A working knowledge of SAP (4.6/ECC6) is desirable but not accentual.
- Understand the principles of Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Familiar with the use of Microsoft software packages, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Familiar with an Engineering change and documentation process.
- A practical and logical approach to problem solving.
- Engineering background from an Aerospace or high integrity manufacturing environment.
- An awareness of Health and Safety.