Field(s) of expertise
Project & Service Management Business Administration & Finance
About this job
We are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all we do. In addition to our Group head office made up of support roles we also have two core business streams which are:
- Technology & Engineering. Design, deliver and support high-integrity systems from our facilities in Portsmouth, Manchester and Melksham. Engineering teams apply advanced techniques to produce solutions for our customers which can be relied upon for long service life, in difficult or dangerous environments. These include: atmosphere control systems for nuclear submarines and thermal management systems for chemical processing and energy industries.
- Consulting and Programme Services (CaPS). Provide through life services to enable our clients to manage the evolution of their own systems and services, in their own domain. Leveraging our long heritage of experience of designing, delivering and supporting safety, mission and business critical systems, we provide individuals with domain leading knowledge, skills and experience who can work within client teams or take full responsibility for the delivery of outcomes.
Our people make us the successful company we are and have a TEAM TP Group culture. These values are:
- Achieve together
- Embrace responsibility
- Strive for excellence
- Build unity
- Challenge ourselves
- Have integrity in all we do
As a C4ISR Analyst for TP Group, you will be providing the evidence to help Highly Regulated/Complex Programmes delivering Mission, Business and Safety Critical Solutions make better decisions. This may be thought-leadership on innovative research to develop new concepts and approaches, working in customer teams to support procurement decisions with analytical thinking and outcomes, modelling of operational performance and sustainment, historical analysis to support learning lessons from previous operations, or leading workshops with customers and Subject Matter Experts to improve policies and planning processes.
What we are looking for:
Our recent successes mean that the TP Group Operational Analysis team are looking for consultants with a range of levels of experience. In particular, we are looking for people with C4ISR domain experience, either from DE&S, ISS, Dstl, HeadOffice or one of the Frontline Commands, who have provided advice to decision makers, or have developed models or methods to inform capability or policy based decisions. We are interested in people who engage customers technically and personally, and are able to develop and use a variety of analytical tools and techniques. In addition, we need people who work to improve themselves and others, and have a positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering technical consulting projects, primarily within the C4ISR domain.
- Identifying and winning work within the Defence sector.
- Building new relationships and maintaining the relationships we have with our current customers.
- Using and developing problem structuring methods and a variety of tools and techniques, including novel approaches where required.
- Working organically in customer teams to deliver rapid turn-around analysis, or using one of the company’s offices as a team hub from which to plan and deliver tasks.
We are looking for a range of experience:
- Consultants: 1.5+ years’ experience, including delivering qualitative and/or quantitative analysis;
- Senior Consultants: 5+ years’ experience, including delivering business analysis programmes, delivering innovative approaches, and / or winning work; and
- Principal Consultants: 8+ years’ experience, with extensive experience of leading business analysis, leading teams, developing and sharing skills,delivering innovative approaches and / or winning work.
- Analysis to support business decision making, policy development, and / or research, including both ‘soft’ and ‘hard’ techniques (problem structuring and modelling). Structuring information, drawing conclusions and making recommendations.
- C4ISR domain experience with a knowledge of one or more of the following:Command and Control, Communications, Information Systems, Intelligence,Surveillance, Reconnaissance or Space.
- Development and use of analytical methods and models.
- Building customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Supporting and leading authoring of technical reports and presenting to customers. Reporting appropriately for the audience: summarising complex information for high-level stakeholders, and writing detailed reports to transfer knowledge and context with the customer.
- Strong background in MS Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Process and conceptual mapping (e.g. influence diagrams),
- Statistical analysis,
- Simulation (System Dynamics or Discrete Event Simulation),
- Designing and facilitating workshops,o Historical Analysis,
- Knowledge of data manipulation and analysis languages (VBA, SQL,R, Python),
- Cost analysis/estimation,o Portfolio, programme and project management (schedule and risk analysis, benefits realization, evidence management).
- Be willing to travel across UK and comfortable to work away from main sites for periods of time.
For more Senior positions, we expect some experience in the following:
- Identifying and bidding for future work, with the ability to develop a business development campaign.
- Leading diverse analytical teams of in-house and external experts, and advising other consultants and supporting when required on projects.
- Understanding of the military operational environment and MOD management structures.
Company benefits include:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Free Parking
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.