Field(s) of expertise
Project & Service Management Business Administration & Finance
About this job
We are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all we do. In addition to our Group head office made up of support roles we also have two core business streams which are:
- Technology & Engineering. Design, deliver and support high-integrity systems from our facilities in Portsmouth, Manchester and Melksham. Engineering teams apply advanced techniques to produce solutions for our customers which can be relied upon for long service life, in difficult or dangerous environments. These include: atmosphere control systems for nuclear submarines and thermal management systems for chemical processing and energy industries.
- Consulting and Programme Services (CaPS). Provide through life services to enable our clients to manage the evolution of their own systems and services, in their own domain. Leveraging our long heritage of experience of designing, delivering and supporting safety, mission and business critical systems, we provide individuals with domain leading knowledge, skills and experience who can work within client teams or take full responsibility for the delivery of outcomes.
Our people make us the successful company we are and have a TEAM TP Group culture. These values are:
- Achieve together
- Embrace responsibility
- Strive for excellence
- Build unity
- Challenge ourselves
- Have integrity in all we do
As a Cost Analyst Consultant for TP Group, you will be providing detailed analysis of data and costs to assist your clients industry make better decisions. This may be working in customer teams to support procurement decisions with analytical thinking and outcomes, modelling of operational performance and sustainment, or historical analysis to support learning lessons from previous operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide detailed analysis to support key decisions within the project teams.
- Identifying and winning work within your clients industry.
- Building new relationships and maintaining the relationships we have with our current customers.
- Using and developing problem structuring methods and a variety of tools and techniques, including novel approaches where required.
- Working organically in customer teams to deliver rapid turn-around analysis,or using one of the company’s offices as a team hub from which to plan and deliver tasks.
- Using logical and analytical thinking to solve complex problems for the client.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills to support analysis of data.
- Experience in analysing project data (cost/risk/schedule).
- Working in a client’s team to influence strategic decision makers whilst delivering practical solutions.
- Be a trusted individual who can perform when working as part of a team or when acting independently with support from colleagues.
- Be articulate with good presentation and written communication skills.
- Be dependable, committed and have a genuine enthusiasm to contribute to the growth of a successful business.
- The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level (or have experience that will enable them to meet ICEAA or AcostE membership criteria).
Preferred but not essential:
- Knowledge of statistical software packages such as ‘R’.
- Knowledge of and application of Visual Basic.
- Experience in a Highly Regulated/Complex Programmes delivering Mission, Business and Safety Critical Solutions.
Company benefits include:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Free Parking
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.