Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all we do. In addition to our Group head office made up of support roles we also have two core business streams which are:
- Technology & Engineering. Design, deliver and support high-integrity systems from our facilities in Portsmouth, Manchester and Melksham. Engineering teams apply advanced techniques to produce solutions for our customers which can be relied upon for long service life, in difficult or dangerous environments. These include: atmosphere control systems for nuclear submarines and thermal management systems for chemical processing and energy industries.
- Consulting and Programme Services (CaPS). Provide through life services to enable our clients to manage the evolution of their own systems and services, in their own domain. Leveraging our long heritage of experience of designing, delivering and supporting safety, mission and business critical systems, we provide individuals with domain leading knowledge, skills and experience who can work within client teams or take full responsibility for the delivery of outcomes.
As a Military Analyst for TP Group, you will be leading and supporting analysis of military force structures, capabilities, doctrine and tactics. This may involve developing new capability concepts; developing and analysing scenarios and vignettes; analysing capability gaps; developing and analysing capability mitigation options; and assessing the impact of new concepts on the Defence Lines of Development. You will be working with the TP Group Analysis and Approvals Practice and the role would suit someone who was previously an SO2 within the UKMOD.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading, supporting and assuring military analysis studies.
- Using and developing military analysis techniques.
- Building new relationships and maintaining the relationships we have with our current customers.
- Identifying and winning analysis work.
- Providing military advice to other members of the Analysis and Approvals Practice.
- Using one of the company’s offices as a team hub from which to plan and deliver tasks or working organically in multi-disciplinary customer teams.
- Excellent knowledge of UK doctrine in (at least) one domain, with a good broad understanding of doctrine in the other domains.
- Good knowledge of UK defence policy and direction.
- Good knowledge of operational environments, including understanding the challenges and impacts of the following: geography, climate, media and information, population, urbanisation or cyber.
- Experience of developing realistic military scenarios and vignettes.
- Experience of analysing capability gaps by using scenarios and vignettes, and appropriate techniques such as workshops, wargaming and/or assessment frameworks.
- Experience of developing new capability concepts, or identifying and analysing capability mitigation options.
- Ability to provide military advice to consultants who have limited military domain knowledge.
- Experience of building relationships with MOD decision makers and stakeholders.
- Be a trusted individual who can perform when working as part of a team or act independently.
- Good presentation and written communication skills.
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience of analysis in one of the Warfare Centres within the UK MODFrontline Commands.
- Experience of analysing the impact, risks and opportunities of capability concepts on the Defence Lines of Development.
- Knowledge of the UK acquisition framework (e.g. business cases, URD, SRD,CONEMP/CONUSE, IG, MG, COEIA, ITEAP, etc.).
- Knowledge of UK capability management processes and activities.
- Experience of a number of Operational Analysis tools and techniques.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.
Our people make us the successful company we are and have a TEAM TP Group culture. These values are:
- Achieve together
- Embrace responsibility
- Strive for excellence
- Build unity
- Challenge ourselves
- Have integrity in all we do