Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Business Administration and Finance
About this job
We are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all we do. In addition to our Group head office made up of support roles we also have two core business streams which are:
- Technology & Engineering. Design, deliver and support high-integrity systems from our facilities in Portsmouth, Manchester and Melksham. Engineering teams apply advanced techniques to produce solutions for our customers which can be relied upon for long service life, in difficult or dangerous environments. These include: atmosphere control systems for nuclear submarines and thermal management systems for chemical processing and energy industries.
- Consulting and Programme Services (CaPS). Provide through life services to enable our clients to manage the evolution of their own systems and services, in their own domain. Leveraging our long heritage of experience of designing, delivering and supporting safety, mission and business critical systems, we provide individuals with domain leading knowledge, skills and experience who can work within client teams or take full responsibility for the delivery of outcomes.
As a Principal or Senior Approvals Consultant for TP Group, you will be leading and supporting MOD project teams through the MOD approvals process. This may involve acting as the main point of contact for engagement with MOD Scrutiny, writing or supporting business cases, or planning project approvals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning project team approvals using policy, guidance, and historical experience to evidence plans and provide realistic time and effort requirements.
- Leading early and ongoing engagement with MOD Scrutiny for Category A-C projects, drawing on the team to engage each element of the Scrutiny community (e.g. Commercial, Defence Economics, OA, etc.) appropriately.
- Writing Category A-C business cases (including Strategic Outline Cases,Initial Gate / Outline Business Case, Main Gate / Full Business Case).
- Tracking and managing (or producing) approvals evidence for submission to Review Boards, MOD Scrutiny, HM Treasury, the Cabinet Office, and other appropriate stakeholders.
- Being the project subject matter expert for approvals and the approvals process.
- Building new relationships and maintaining the relationships we have with our current customers.
- Winning further work supporting MOD approvals, and offering TP Group’s capabilities to fill gaps in project team evidence portfolios.
- Experience of planning and delivering MOD project approvals in line with JSP655 for Category A-C projects in DE&S, ISS / Defence Digital, or Frontline Commands.
- Experience of engagement with, and delivery to, the MOD Scrutiny community.
- Experience in writing Category A-C business cases.
- Understanding of project, financial, and commercial evidence requirements for each stage in the approvals process.
- Tracking the accumulation of evidence against approvals process requirements.
- Experience of building relationships with MOD decision makers and stakeholders.
- Be a trusted individual who can perform when working as part of a team or act independently.
- Good presentation and written communication skills.
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience of engagement with DPAS, Defence Economics, CASDD, FLCSROs, and all others in the Scrutiny Community and approval stakeholders.
- Experience delivering project approvals in line with the new approvals guidance laid out by Project MAID.
- Experience of creating and agreeing project Specific Evidence Tables with DPAS, based on the Generic Evidence Table.
- Analysis to support decision making, policy development, and / or research, including both ‘soft’ and ‘hard’ techniques (problem structuring and modelling).
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.
Our people make us the successful company we are and have a TEAM TP Group culture. These values are:
- Achieve together
- Embrace responsibility
- Strive for excellence
- Build unity
- Challenge ourselves
- Have integrity in all we do