Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes. Because of our forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all we do. In addition to our Group head office made up of support roles we also have two core business streams which are:
- Technology & Engineering. Design, deliver and support high-integrity systems from our facilities in Portsmouth, Manchester and Melksham. Engineering teams apply advanced techniques to produce solutions for our customers which can be relied upon for long service life, in difficult or dangerous environments. These include: atmosphere control systems for nuclear submarines and thermal management systems for chemical processing and energy industries.
- Consulting and Programme Services (CaPS). Provide through life services to enable our clients to manage the evolution of their own systems and services, in their own domain. Leveraging our long heritage of experience of designing, delivering and supporting safety, mission and business critical systems, we provide individuals with domain leading knowledge, skills and experience who can work within client teams or take full responsibility for the delivery of outcomes.
Our people make us the successful company we are and have a TEAM TP Group culture. These values are:
- Achieve together
- Embrace responsibility
- Strive for excellence
- Build unity
- Challenge ourselves
- Have integrity in all we do
Design, development and modification of electrical/electronic control systems and ancillary equipment for process plant, provide electrical support necessary for manufacture, test and maintenance in-service.
Responsible for delegated technical aspects of design and for meeting demands of finance and timescale.
Responsibilities will include:
- Selection of electrical/electronic hardware for design in accordance with customer requirements, including MoD, involving liaison with suppliers.
- Engineering design and production of documentation for hardware and software control systems. The design to fully comply with TP Group and/or the customer’s requirements.
- Development of automation and control software that will be installed on process plants to fully comply with TP Group and/or the customer’s requirements.
- Direction of the design office during production of designs, including checking.
- Operation of the company’s departmental procedures.
- Liaison with production/sub-contractors during manufacture and test of control systems, sub-assemblies etc. Supervision of technicians building prototype units.
- Testing and fault finding of control and test systems, including preparation of relevant documentation.
- Visits to clients’ offices or sub-contractor/suppliers’ works as required.
- Analysis, assessment and deployment of modern technology to improve the effectiveness, operation and accessibility of information at TP Group.
- Carrying out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
- Working and/or visiting various sites, as required, for short periods, which may involve absence from home.
- Maintaining a continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
- Degree or HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Background of electrical/electronic manufacturing practices.
- Structured, logical approach to engineering design.
- Ability to work within a team with initiative and minimum supervision to a programme. Ability to work within a team with initiative and minimum supervision to a programme.
Preferred but not essential:
- Membership of professional institute.
- Time served apprenticeship.
- Familiarity with military equipment requirements.
- Experience of using PLCs and/or embedded systems- of both hardware and software aspects.
- Confident manner.
- Flexible approach.
- Positive attitude.
Company benefits include:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Free Parking
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.