Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
The primary role of the Principle Engineer – PSE Quality Co-Ordinator is to carry out the duties assigned by the PSE Quality Assurance Manager and may include deputising on their behalf, supervision of other Quality Engineers and support in the development of the PSE quality processes & procedures.
- Functional responsibilities can include co-ordinating and motivating the Quality team members on a daily basis, communicating deadlines, and providing excellent communication and reporting of issues and status to the PSE Quality Assurance Manager.
- Control and co-ordination of DPR & practical validation activities to ensuring that all tasks are delivered in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure all departmental KPI’s are co-ordinated and reported and where necessary identify business improvement initiatives to ensure department functions to meet stakeholders expectations.
- Answers team member questions, help with team member problems and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance.
- Harmonisation of team process and procedures.
- Co-ordinate, and participate in, the PSE self-audit DPR programme to ensure all departmental processes are suitable for the department to produce a quality output.
- Co-ordinate, and participate in practical validation activities to ensure all required aircraft and resources are provided to ensure validation activities can be safely and successfully conducted.
- Control and approve the planned and ad hoc quality checks for technical, specification and editorial conformity in relation to the contracted and/or industry standards for the technical information produced by PSE.
- Build a working relationship with all stakeholders within the Quality & Validation environment including but not limited to; all PSE Managers, Supervisors and Employees, Procurement, Operations, Engineering and offload agencies and where necessary the operator/customer of relevant aircraft.
- Co-ordinate, the daily activities of the Quality and Validation Engineers, and associated ad-hoc seconded personnel allocated from other areas to provide overload or specialist Quality or Validation support.
- Support the PSE Quality Assurance Manager in establishing the PSE department’s quality standards.
- Act as the focal point for any VOR’s, NCRAP’s and other quality notifications raised on PSE by both the Internal and External Customers.
- Report monthly PSE Quality KPi’s.
- Lead/host and be the point of contact for any external auditors as required by the business when formal audits are required of the PSE Quality Assurance Manager.
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent with relevant work experience within a similar environment.
- Good interpersonal and team skills with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels.
- Previous experience in supervising/managing teams.
- Previous experience in auditing.
- Fully conversant with the Company Operating System and Governance Procedures.
- Fully conversant with the Company Quality Process.
- Fully conversant with the PSE processes.
- Sound understanding of SAP.
- Relevant Management skills or associated experience.
- Computer literate with experience of all company standard software.