Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Leonardo Helicopters part of the multi-national Leonardo Group is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters. We have a great heritage and pride ourselves both on our reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for our people. Here is your chance to become part of the success story.
We are looking for a talented Repair & Overhaul Skilled Machinst to join our UK team based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
The manufacture of detail transmission component parts by operating various machines within a shop floor environment. Producing high accuracy product working to the correct quality standards by programming setting and operating either manual or CNC machines. Working to drawings or written or verbal instructions while being flexible and proactive to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
The skilled machinist role includes but not restricted to, the following key accountabilities:
- Programming setting and operating a variety of machine tools.
- Liaising with Colleagues, Supervisors, Team Leaders and Production Manager.
- Problem solving machining issues with minimum supervision.
- High standards of general housekeeping maintenance and organisation of own working environment.
- Working within all health and safety requirements.
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings / sketches.
- Implementing cost reduction plans for delivery of completed batches while maintaining a consistent quality level.
- Carry out routine daily checks on all equipment and checking batches prior to approval.
- Provide continuous improvement opportunities to the business.
- Qualified to NVQ mechanical engineering level 3 or equivalent and time served mechanical engineering Apprenticeship in relevant discipline.
- The Job holder shall have a sound engineering background with experience within and Aerospace or manufacturing environment.
- Time served skilled machinist with working knowledge of CNC and Manual machining.
- Ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings.
- Ability to use a variety of CNC controllers including Mazatrol, Fanuc & Siemens.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing methodology / continuous improvement activity.
- Willingness to become involved with improvement teams and activities.
- Willing to undertake training to improve competence levels in support of departmental activities.
- Willingness to work within a shift environment.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Integrity and Professional approach.
- Self –motivated but also has the ability to work as a team member.
- Knowledge of company quality system but training will be given.
Please note that applications will only be accepted if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. We are not a Tier 2 Visa sponsoring Company. This role may also require the successful candidate to hold full UK MoD Security Clearance.