Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Do you want to work in a global high-tech company that’s one of the key players in the Aerospace, Defence and Security sector?
Leonardo provides you with the opportunity to work on meaningful and high–calibre projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within an established, awardwinning company. Within Leonardo, Support & Service Solutions (S3) is an exciting and rapidly growing line of business focused on customer product and service support, product improvement and ground breaking research and development.
One of S3’s primary values is to provide a fulfilling future to our people; their well-being is of paramount importance to us. We are committed to fostering a culture where personal and professional development, work life balance and guided autonomy are the norm. We want you to enjoy being part of S3, and feel empowered to ensure that we meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. We recognise that diversity is vital to encouraging innovation and creativity. We want our people to bring their unique qualities and perspectives to help us enrich our services and offerings.
Leonardo provides flexible working options including parttime working, flexi-time, home working and job sharing to best support our people to build a work-life balance that works for them. We also provide an award-winning pension scheme, along with a number of rewards and benefits, including a generous relocation package for employees moving for work.
Leonardo Electronics Division (LED) is recruiting for the position of Technical Support Officer (TSO) to work within the Support and Service Solutions (S3) Rotary Wing Delivery Team (RW DT) which provides an availability service to the Ministry of Defence (MoD). The TSO will be Customer focused on providing technical support for the LED assigned avionic assets.
As a member of an integrated dynamic team you will work directly with the Customer and industry partners. Establishing and maintaining good working relationships is essential to the success of the Delivery Team output.
- Provide Engineering support and recommendations to the Engineering Authority and Customer, on subjects that include modification standards, component part numbers, maintenance and operations, and support equipment on Rotary Wing avionics equipment, ensuring Airworthiness and Safety implications are addressed in accordance with Military Airworthiness Authority Regulations.
- Be responsible for the coordination of Leonardo assigned workshare technical queries and fault investigations ensuring that all actions are undertaken in accordance with Military Airworthiness Authority Regulations.
- Identify reliability trends and recommendations for reliability enhancements. Identify and develop opportunities for reduction in service delivery costs via innovation and continuous improvements of the supply process.
- Co-ordinate or undertake (as required) technical support activities at Customer Main Operating Bases; undertake testing of aircraft systems as directed and authorised. Be the primary point of contact for the Merlin On Site Support Representative (OSSR).
- Identify Technical Publication update requirements, and manage the co-ordination and closure of Unsatisfactory Feature Reports.
- Co-ordinate requests for, technical concessions, validation of and issue of Technical Instructions, and compilation of Technical Instructions.
- Undertake Support Policy Statement reviews, prepare and progress resulting actions. Make recommendations for ILS Logistics modelling activities to the Technical Support Manager and SDM Manager.
- Liaise on a day-to-day basis with the Customer to understand emerging technical issues and brief the TSM & SDM.
- Provide technical support to the IOS supply chain and generate input to Project progress reports as required.
- Attend and support Team Meetings.
- Be the technical lead at Progress Meetings with Original Equipment Manufacture’s and Suppliers of services used by Leonardo. Support/Represent Project Management (as required) at Customer progress reviews and Management Reviews.
- Provide support to IOS Service Delivery Manager as required for all future bids.
- Participate in training and development activities as identified.
- Conform to Company quality procedures and standard practices. Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- The candidate may occasionally be required to travel to various locations within the UK in support of meeting commitments required in the course of the contract.
- Technical understanding of modern avionic systems.
- Well organised and in possession of efficient administration skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Task ownership, accepting responsibility to deliver responses to agreed schedules.
- Proficient in the operation of Information Technology.
Flexible with time management. A successful candidate will:
- Possess an avionics engineering background, Rotary Wing would be advantageous.
- Have experience working in a military environment, either as a member of the armed forces, civil servant or civilian contractor.
- Have a working knowledge of engineering management information systems: GOLD Esp, Resolve, Serena TQS and UK NCB ISIS.
- Be competent in producing technical reports, power point presentations and spreadsheet information to a professional standard.
- Have a working knowledge of the MoD Supply Chain Management system.
- Have experience in an aviation engineering environment and with specific experience operating engineering management systems e.g. SAP/GOLD esp/Interactive Electronic Technical Publications/UK NCB ISIS etc. in an aircraft support environment.
- Have highly developed problem solving abilities and the ability to apply them in an engineering support environment.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of people.
- Excellent organisational skills, be able to accept responsibility.
- Ability to travel.