Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
- Cutting-Edge: You will be responsible for a team enhancing the capability of current and future state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems.
- Innovative: You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by Leonardo’s £200m annual investment in research and development.
- Challenging: This project will push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic systems.
- Collaborative: Leonardo is embarking on UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
- Customer-Focused: You will be supporting the future needs of, and working closely with, our customer, to ensure that our solutions meet their future operational needs.
Key Responsibility Areas
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined team applying your knowledge to develop real time embedded software and solve complex engineering problems.
- Use your skills to code, debug and test software for embedded applications encompassing both low-level device driver code as well as higher level software designs running within an embedded operating system environment.
- Understand and interpret user requirements in order to influence and define requirements, architecture, and design.
- Actor as a mentor and role model to junior software engineers.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience of developing and integrating embedded software with bare board systems or Real-Time Operating Systems such as VxWorks.
- Demonstrable use of ADA, C++, C or other embedded software languages.
- Experience of the S/W Engineering lifecycle including requirements definition, high & low level design, integration, testing and product delivery.
- Strong working knowledge of Avionics Communication protocols such as ARINC 429, 629, Duplex Switched Ethernet (AFDX).
- Experience of hardware interfacing and implementing drivers (e.g. PCI Express, Ethernet, SDLC, 1553 and 3910).
- Good understanding of Software Configuration Management tools.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
- Self-motivated with a strong technical focus and aptitude to problem solve and drive difficult issues to conclusion.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Prestige: You will be at the forefront of the provision of a truly significant UK defence programme.
- Influence: You will be able to apply your knowledge and experience to influence the next generation of sensor and communication systems for a next generation combat aircraft.
- Teamwork: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Continuous Learning: You’ll be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring.
- Connections: You will be joining an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK.
- Legacy: We are proud of our rich heritage in Electronic Warfare (EW); over 100 years of EW history. Today we’re providing the latest advances in radio frequency technology and you can be part of the next 100 year legacy.