Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
This role will see the successful candidate join the Systems Engineering team within the Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) business area, and take a key role in the development of an Electronic Warfare (EW) training capability for NATO Joint Electronic Warfare Core Staff (JEWCS). The NATO JEWCS Integrated Product Team (IPT) is a prime contract IPT based at our Southampton office with, the solution provided by a several major sub-contracts. NATO JEWCS is the provision of a realistic electronic environment (radar and communications jamming, simulation and surveillance equipment) for NATO units under training. Working within a multi-disciplined team, you will be the responsible design authority for the air sub-system by working closely with a global air supplier. The role will include reviewing, assessing and providing guidance through the engineering design process ensuring design integrity, quality and fitness for purpose.
Key Responsibility Areas
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Engage in engineering technical meetings with the supplier.
- Asses the design integrity of the design prior to formal design reviews.
- Working across the full engineering lifecycle.
- Managing all levels of requirements to enable design and development decisions.
- Influencing requirements and design decisions.
- Working with and influencing key project stakeholders.
- Employ your understanding of airborne RF electronics technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use.
- Actively support knowledge sharing and exploitation of best practice.
- Travel within the UK abroad to meet with our customers and industry partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You really must have:
- High proficiency in design integrity for large/complex projects.
- Experience of working across, the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Experience and knowledge of UK or NATO security guidelines.
- RF communications and radar knowledge…
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem solving and an ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion in support of team goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
- Experience/strong understanding of airborne defence sensor systems.
- Experience of marine and airborne RF systems for communications and radar including microwave systems.
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge of military passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing and identification, and emitter classification.
- Experience of work package management at all stages of project delivery – cost and schedule planning, execution, and reporting.
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory approvals processes for civilian and military airborne, land and maritime electronic systems.