Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Roke delivers advanced research, development services, products and is a vendor neutral supplier, picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities. We are seeking a talented and knowledgeable Product and Development Engineer to join our busy team on a contract basis, supporting and promoting the ongoing use of products deployed at client site.
- Monitor the systems to confirm their continued operation. Systems deployed on VMWare / ESXi based systems, typically as docker containers running on CentOS hosts. The solution also includes some physical hardware.
- Assist Roke Dev engineers with and then take on deployment of product upgrades.
- Be the initial point of escalation for client questions / issues with the software systems.
- Gather necessary debug evidence to support fault-finding investigations, and forward that info to the appropriate Dev Engineers.
- Maintain compliance with local Security / IT procedures and audits.
- Support the client engineers with:
- the onboarding of new projects
- developing custom processors
- ongoing maintenance of software (Python / Vue / Groovy)
- maintenance of the dev environment and pipelines.
- UKIC DV
- Ability and willingness to be seconded to customer site in Milton Keynes
- Good communication skills
- Basic OS admin: Linux / Windows / MacOS
- Docker Admin
- Basic networking (DHCP / DNS / Routing)
- git / subversion
- Debugging skills
- REST API dev and testing
- Mongo DB
- ELK Stack
- Experience with Production systems