Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Marketing and Sales
About this job
Roke are currently recruiting for an account management professional within their Commercial Business Unit, with experience of selling solutions in a professional engineering services business. This is an exciting opportunity to make a big impact in a fast growing part of the Roke business.
You will be selling our portfolio of services into multiple industry sectors including High Value Manufacturing, Transportation, Aerospace, Utilities, Information and Communications, applying Roke’s world leading technologies and capabilities in sensing, machine vision, data science, AI and cyber resilience, to solve complex client problems.
Roke is a highly respected world-class organisation with strong existing clients in the UK private & public sector, and is growing fast. You will take the lead in creating and implementing a sales and partner development strategy to deliver further growth for the Commercial business.
- Development, implementation and execution of sales growth strategies through direct and partner sales campaigns.
- Effectively managing a number of new & existing key clients to maximise both revenue and customer value.
- Managing direct and partner sales/bids/quotes in line with company governance process.
- Managing and influencing direct client and partner requirements and expectations.
- Manage sales and engineering interactions with partners and clients to resolve technical issues and ensure successful bids.
- Achieving/exceeding allocated sales order targets.
- Accurate pipeline management, forecasting and budgeting.
- Provision of market intelligence to support, feed and actively contribute to the Roke CRM ecosystem.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Commercial business unit strategy.
Knowledge / Experience / Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in direct sales of technical services and products, in at least one or more of the following markets: High Value Manufacturing, Transportation, Aerospace, Utilities, Information and Communications.
- Expert at developing strong client relationships at a senior levels and supporting this with detailed account development strategies and plans.
- A good understanding of technology in at least one of the following domains: sensing, machine vision, AI, data science, cyber resilience.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with a well-rounded knowledge of direct and partner sales strategy and a drive to succeed.
- Ability to quickly understand business and market challenges from the clients perspective and provide innovative solutions to these challenges, talking in the client’s language.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications and negotiating skills, including the ability to present to senior management/executives.
- The ability to be effective in both local and remote matrix team leadership.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to travel and on occasion stay away from home
Why should you work with us?
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package:
- A performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process;
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family;
- A contributory pension;
- Employee assistance program;
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include travel insurance and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve BPSS clearance.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion, our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive and we can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work force and those with additional needs.