Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Aerospace Engineering Software Engineering
About this job
We currently have a number of exciting opportunities to join the business as a Systems Engineer. In this role, you will make a significant contribution towards safeguarding the UK’s national security and it’s people every single day.
You will be a key participant in the design and delivery of a variety of strategic programmes and business critical initiatives within a dynamic, challenging and rewarding environment.
What will your role look like?
You will have the opportunity to be involved in leading edge and innovative programmes where technology plays a crucial and increasingly strategic role. You will also be part of engagements where change and evolution of services contribute to this fascinating, and demanding environment.
As one of our Systems Engineer, you will:
- Be crafting and building strategic system architecture roadmaps with senior stakeholders, corralling support and backing for them;
- Apply and adapt your system design skills to switch focus between specific areas of business challenge or opportunity, spanning a range of existing and emerging technologies including (but not limited to) applications, middleware, cloud computing, search, machine automation, and analytics;
- Understand & interpret business or technical requirements and translate these into defined system models;
- Produce system designs from concept through to high-level design.
You will also be responsible for:
Engaging with relevant stakeholders to establish consensus on the viability of solution options and the associated benefits and risks;
Seeking to develop system solutions in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture and support a systems ongoing evolution;
Supporting the customer’s investment decision-making process in the context of implementing wider investment portfolio.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC and or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, we also support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
What would we like?
Ideally, we would like you to have, Defence, National Security or Commercial domain knowledge.
- Business and systems analysis;
- Systems Verification and Validation;
- Architecture Options Assessment;
- Operational Analysis;
- Understanding of architecture methodologies, standards, frameworks and tools (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, UML, Zachman etc.);
- Identification, mitigation planning and management of Engineering Risks.
- Technical leadership and decision-making authority;
- Stakeholder engagement, both internal and external;
- Passionate about delivering business value through the innovative application of technology;
- Ability to tackle problems and define solutions from a commercial perspective; Flexibility in approach and attitude;
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, whilst prioritising the work effectively;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- A proven desire to seek out and exploit new technology in IT;
- Ability to assimilate and retain knowledge quickly;
- Able to influence and be a part of the key decision-making process; and the ability to articulate and interpret technical language to non-technical individuals.
What else should you have?
Ideally degree qualified (2.1 or above) in a related subject or have the equivalent in relevant engineering, scientific or technically-based discipline.
The benefits of working for us:
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- 25 days holiday, 8 bank holidays and the option of flexi-time and flexi-leave.
- Free car parking and mini-bus travel to and from the site to the local train station.
- Sports and social activities including an onsite gymnasium.
- Employee assistance program.
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, in addition to a contributory pension that will enable you to effectively save for the future.
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance, and dental care.