Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
What does the role look like?
This role is essential in order for the Project Managers to be able to undertake higher value tasks and have more time to liaise with customers.
You will therefore work across a versatile set of tasks and projects, including but not limited to the following:
- Driving consistency and efficiency into project management across the portfolio producing project plans and supporting materials.
- Standardizing the reporting approaches across projects and preparing progress reports for the Project Managers.
- Assisting the Project Managers and Portfolio Managers.
- Assisting the Project Managers in proactively managing risk.
- Asset and loan management including ITAR tracking.
- Set up bid/project folders within the PSO.
- On secondment projects, assist with time sheets, approve expenses, (within limits of DOA) and monitor billing.
- Chasing up contracts for secondments and track spend on secondments against contracted hours.
- Act as another bridge between Roke and on-site/client-site staff.
- Transfer of documents between systems.
- Production of delivery documents.
You will undertake some of these tasks directly; other will delegated to the Administrative Team. You will need to actively consult with the Project Managers, Portfolio Manager and the Head of the PMO to identify and deliver these tasks.
What do we expect from you?
- You must have 3 to 5 years’ experience of working in PMO with significant exposure to working with large portfolios of projects (of varying sizes).
- Solid grounding in all PSO activities.
- In depth specialist experience in risk management and project/portfolio reporting.
- You must have (as minimum) foundation training in either MoP, PRINCE2, or APM Project Fundamentals (PFQ) qualification.
It is desirable that you have experience of working in an engineering environment and associated engineering processes.
What else would like?
- Proven administration skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Good written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A dedicated approach in balancing your workload